Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went down, car not paying attention

Well I went down Monday. I changed my oil Monday afternoon and went out to warm everything up and check the levels. I was making a hard left blind curve. I knew the curve was blind and stayed in the middle of my lane and didn't hug the yellow. Half way into the curve, here is a car completley in my lane. The driver was looking down and reaching for something in the passanger seat. I took it out of the lean and into the embankment. I'm doing pretty good. Hurt ankle, shoulder, knee, and my neck is sore. Nothing broke on me, just brused. The person in the car never turned around. I'm not even sure they seen what they did. As for damaged to the bike. Broke of the brake lever, bent the shifter, dented the trans case (from shifter)and scratched the fairings.

Called my wife to let her know what happend and after she hung up the phone she got sick. Upset stomach and light headed. I guess she loves me. She called me back later and said she was getting off a little early. I ask why and she tells me, "I know how you are, your more and likely worst than what your telling me". I was not. She did stop on the way home and picked up ribs and made them on the grill for me. Yea, I think she loves me.

Well, need to get a new lever. What do you guys suggest?
    ASV
    CRG
    Pazzo

glad your ok YJ, ****ing cagers!
    too bad your were not with a buddy who could have hunted them down on your behalf and.....well you know ;)
    heal up quick....
    MMMMMmmmribs
    :D

My wife would do the same. She would probably take a couple days off, wait on me hand and foot. See....being attached to someone has its perks!

damn cagers. some people should just be taken out and shot! its too bad you couldn't get their numbers, they would be in a **** storm now. get well soon. oh and about the levers i would go asv

sorry to hear it.

Yes dude, your girl most definately loves you
    So sorry to hear this , it's crazy to think that drivers don't even see it when they almost kill someone!
    Very same thing happened to me , luckily some other driver chased down the culprit while I was scraping my bike off the road.
    Should all riders simply have cams on their helmets for the judge?!
    Hope your ok, let us know how it goes.

Sounds like you got off easy. Glad you're ok!

glad you're ok. sorry about your bike.

I agree with above! Too bad you weren't with anyone to kick his a$$... Ribs are AWESOME!!! Sorry bout your bike.

I was pissed about the bike. My wife didn't care about the bike. She was just glad I was OK.

Redline, She said there is no way she is going to wait on me hand and foot. I made your suggestion, she said how about a foot up your a$$.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast