Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drummer vs Hawk Exhaust...???

I do not have either but my friends Drummer looks and sounds amazing. Also i believer that Kevin is an Buell race engineer of some sort.

anyone have dyno results for the two so they can be realistically compared?

You can see a whole bunch of Exhaust on American Sport bikes Exahust shoot out. Drummers, Special OPS,D&D, Micron, race pipe.

No hawk though.

Not sure why.

Does anyone here have technical based opinions on not utilizing the exhaust valve/baffle in the stock mufflers?

there is a member of this forum who a few weeks back posted on BadWeb his dyno results for his Hawk,

the douchebags that are the powers that be there removed it within an hour due to their heads being firmly inserted up their own ass's

technical answers for exhausts can be answered by Randy with no bias on his part
    :)

Keep in mind that the Buell Race can doesn't use the valve and if I'm not mistaken Special O.P.S. is the only one that still uses it? I think Randy told me it was an emissions thing. Not sure if that's fact or opinion but I wouldn't be surprised if it was...

Like was mentioned before, I think you'll be happy either way (both great products), but when it comes down to a price comparison, you can't go wrong with Hawk.

Also keep in mind that Randy will reflash your ECM as well for $0!! That's definitely an added value.

Can't get enough of the sound!!:p

Anyone know about the ecms i have a 09 and i am under the impression that 09 and 10 models the ecms relearn themselves and dont need to be flashed...??? I only plan on putting the muffler on if that matters dont know if ill put the k&n...

Fishgutz just did a Hawk on his 09 with a K&N and I believe he's the one that posted the dyno results. Check it out on the Hawk thread. I've heard that the real problem comes when you do exhaust, K&N AND open air-box mod...

If your 09 is like mine I'm only getting about 35 mpg. The older bikes are reporting 45-60 mpg on the average with mine being as low as it is and that seems to be the norm for the 08 and 09. I don't think you will be running lean. The K&N is the next thing I plan on doing I just have to get myself right with paying $70.00 for a filter.

I just got with a call to Randy about my 2010 XB12R. I really had only had two main questions for him. I wanted to know about the stock ECM. He told me that the '09s and the '10s re-learn themselves after riding about 15 miles above 3000 rpm and there is no need for a tps reset. He also mentioned that it is recommended to get a K&N air filter to help it breath better.

The other question i had for him is that are all model stock exhausts the same from like '03s-'10s and he said yes so i will be looking for one. (I want to keep my stock exhaust in case a crazy law gets passed or something similar happens)

It was a very informative call and we got to talking about a whole bunch of other facts and suggestions i could do to my bike which was extremely helpful! Also one thing i was unaware of is that his pipes have three different levels of loudness. He has a quiet mode which is a bit louder than the race pipe, a medium one which louder than the quiet one of course, and the loudest one. He mentioned the loudest one isn't deafening at idle until you really start to wind it up! I was amazed at the options!

I would recommend Hawk just on how much Randy is willing to help and he told me specifically he does not want to be paid until i get the pipe on and am completely satisfied with it. Not a lot of people or businesses can say that now-a-days!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast