Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HD at it again

What's kinda funny, is even the Sorry workers get their rights protected and the same wage as those that bust their butt. At least in a non-Union shop, you can drop "dead-weight" like that without wading through the Union bull-crap. Just my 2 cents.
    Agreed. Imagine how expensive everything would get if the Chinese unionized. Ha! Fortunately for us Americans, China's labor laws give zero consideration to the workers. HD blows, let 'em sink. I feel for the employees, I am laid off since Whirlpool is moving to Mexico next month....The last contract signed included pay cuts, outsourcing, etc. yet they are moving. It will never end as long as we purchase foreign made goods or get used to making 2 bucks a day. Harley-Kia haha!

A couple of points - they have never been able to unionize any of the US Honda or Toyota factories. Why? Because the companies treat the employees fairly and pay a decent wage so why would they want to pony up union dues?

The unions are needed only in companies that don't give a damn about their employees (such as H-D proved they didn't give a damn about those who worked for Buell.

In Wandell, H-D hired a guy who doesn't ride or care about bikes and, with his history, doesn't give a damn about firing employees en mass.

And he certainly doesn't care about the longtime, loyal customers. He just caters to the stockholders.

Willy G must be so proud of the millions that he and the other owners made when they decided to go public! I hope the stock tanks and then no one will ever hire Wandell.

You have to wonder if Buell would've still been axed had H-D not made the stupid decision to buy MV Augusta for $108 million. They want to sell it now, but they will lose millions on this ignorant nonsense.

What they bought was a line of $50K sport bikes that are no better than their $10K Japanese competitors, and the exact same ancient, decrepit factory that they sold for CHEAP forty years ago where the H-D (Aermacchi) Sprints were built.

Dumb and dumber.

Jobs don't belong to employees. They belong to the company and it's shareholders. If you own a business, you have the right to set the pay and call the shots. Just like you have the option of working there or not. A business is about turning a profit.

"Labor unions no longer have the clout that they once had. In the old days, the unions could hang their hat on safety issues, benefits, and wages and could hold a company hostage. Now companies can just close their doors and move overseas. The unions have strangled themselves and have caused U.S. employers to become non-competitive in the global marketplace. The sad thing is that the union governance (mostly comprised of people from someplace else who earn high salaries themselves) are not only hurting the company and its employees, but they also hurt the economies of the cities and towns where they organize by causing more closed businesses and less money to spend in the local economy. They care little about the people they represent. Unions have become the "big business" that they used to rally against; organizations that only care for the almighty dollar and don't care about the workers."

We are all guilty for our Country's demise. Ever shop at Walmart or buy a foreign car? If HD does move overseas, people will still buy them. Most people don't care where a product is made as long as it's affordable and has some quality control.

man i hate small minded cocksuckers who bash unions without knowing **** about them. go ask erik buell what he thought of his employees. THE UNION IS NOT THE ****ING PROBLEM!!!
    the problem lies within the management of harley and the tax laws of the state/country.

We are all guilty for our Country's demise. Ever shop at Walmart or buy a foreign car?
    Bang ON!

the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the middle class evaporates while the majority of society is brainwashed by the media...
    but it's ok
    Dancing with the Stars is on...

Buddha
    Your right on with that.........

In the case of the York PA plant, our Governor also threw millions of dollars at HD as incentive to keep them here...in addition to the **** contract the workers had to sign.

Unions are necessary for many reasons but they need to be smart, not greedy. They need to have a comprehensive understanding of the world economy and educate their members on how far they can go with wages, health care, etc. However, I think workers should definately get a wage capable of supporting a lifestyle worth waking up and going to work. I don't give a damn what they make in China or Mexico. If you agree with their business acumen, move there.

Holy thread revival!

Geesh. Roofers local 20 KC, Mo baby! We all can agree that we have seen the outsourced labor in my field. I pay my taxes. We are certified with the Dept. of Labor. We play by the rules and do not fear investigation. Our contractors keep their books clean and treat their men right. Our public works projects are what we are known for for and trusted with. I can't tell you how many public schools, libraries, museums, power houses and courthouses we have worked on just because of our UNION label. The public that is educated on this issue knows that they are pay for what they get. Who better to build this country than the people that have enough pride and integrity to go through trade schools.
    The auto unions are a little different in my opinion. The labor Unions I am talking about are the ones that build the infrastructure of this country.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast