Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave's DIY videos (all in one thread)

Hybrid View

I (or Buellxb) will continue adding these as I finish them

If you have changed a component like the ECM or fixed a problem in the bike, it is a good idea to take the bike for a ride to let it learn. After completing the steps in the video, ride your bike in closed loop (between 3000 & 3500rpm) for a good 10 minutes. Do not do any hard accelerations during this time. Give the tps time to learn the settings and adjust accordingly.

This one isn't by Dave, but still awesome.

1125 brake pad change videos:

1125r and 1125cr Oil Change Video

Thanks for these videos, glad to learn as much as I can to keep the Buell running and maintained by myself.

Great job on the videos, they will help! Thanks

Heine there is even more stuff on here too with a bit of searching! these video`s are worth their weight in gold and i really admire the time and trouble the members go to on this forum, they have a whole ocean of knowledge between them!

Years later, still relevant. Used the roadside clutch vid just the other night, Thanks @Dave!

I feel for you, but don't be too hard on yourself as we all make mistakes, pray that's the worst mistake you ever make and the most $ to repair it.

Later !

I feel like owners are not the ones who should receive primary blame. The wrong bloody torque spec is written down in the owner's manual. I put all blame on some department of the former Buell Motorcycle Company. And, honestly, Dave's video, as awesome as it is, is amplifying the error ten fold... In the day of internet knowledge, people will look at that video and be confident the information is correct. There is no way Dave was torqueing down his plug to those specs, because his would have been stripped while making the video. He is quoting an untested number. He should have been the test monkey for all of us on that one. I appreciate the effort he put forward making the video, but to this day he has not even edited his video to have a pop up box that corrects the error, which takes about 30 seconds to do....

This has always made me chuckle.

Any person who feels they a mechanically inclined enough to do an oil change, should be way past the point where they can look at a small plug that goes in ALUMINUM (with an O-RING) and still feel over 30 FOOT pounds is accurate, regardless of what they are told.

Yes I'm aware the manual was wrong, but I strongly feel if you don't have that minimal awareness of mechanical things, you should be at the dealer writing checks instead.
    {rant off}

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    This has always made me chuckle.

Any person who feels they a mechanically inclined enough to do an oil change, should be way past the point where they can look at a small plug that goes in ALUMINUM (with an O-RING) and still feel over 30 FOOT pounds is accurate, regardless of what they are told.

Yes I'm aware the manual was wrong, but I strongly feel if you don't have that minimal awareness of mechanical things, you should be at the dealer writing checks instead.
    {rant off}

^^^

Anyone that uses a torque wrench to tighten a oil drain plug should bring their vehicle to the dealer to have maintenance done.

Quote Originally Posted by oh9bolt View Post
    ^^^

Anyone that uses a torque wrench to tighten a oil drain plug should bring their vehicle to the dealer to have maintenance done.
    Right. Dave's video clearly says, "Torque to 26-29 ft/lbs." And then we see him happily tightening the drain plug with his torque wrench. Dave should have taken his bike to the closest non existent Buell mechanic in his area...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast