Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How To TPS Reset Video by Dave

Administrator
    Dave has hooked us up with yet another how to do it yourself video for the TPS reset. If you find it valuable, please follow the link to YouTube and "Like" the video and leave a comment. Buell TPS Reset

Excellent!!! Thanks! :)

Excellent videos, can't wait to see what's next!:D

That is the best, simplest tutorial on performing a TPS reset that I've seen.

Two comments:
    - In the beginning, I would include a recommendation to remove the headlight fuse to avoid battery drain whenever performing ECMSPY operations, and a comment at the end to remind the viewer to replace it when finished.

- I would eliminate the screen that says "Once idle reaches 0 unscrew and additional 2 turns". You've already explained that you need to back out (unscrew) the adjustment until the TPS value stops decreasing (while snapping the throttle to confirm). This may result in the TPS actually going negative by a point or two, depending on how far off it was previously, or wear and tear. The 0 reading in this step is meaningless and should be ignored. You're goal is to have the throttle plate shut completely, not a 0 TPS reading. Make sense?

Great video!

Great job!

Great job guys!

I would eliminate the screen that says "Once idle reaches 0 unscrew and additional 2 turns". You've already explained that you need to back out (unscrew) the adjustment until the TPS value stops decreasing (while snapping the throttle to confirm). This may result in the TPS actually going negative by a point or two, depending on how far off it was previously, or wear and tear. The 0 reading in this step is meaningless and should be ignored. You're goal is to have the throttle plate shut completely, not a 0 TPS reading. Make sense?
    Or one could say after TPS reads zero and you click the reset button you may want to back off cable an additional two turns. I find that if I go just to zero then I never have enough cable to set degrees to 5.2, I run out at about 3.9 so I back mine all the way after the reset.

- In the beginning, I would include a recommendation to remove the headlight fuse to avoid battery drain whenever performing ECMSPY operations, and a comment at the end to remind the viewer to replace it when finished.
    Great advice - unless it's a Firebolt. Low beam is tied directly to ignition.

Great advice - unless it's a Firebolt. Low beam is tied directly to ignition
    Yep, I tried that and nothing happened, the fuse only kills the high beam.

Best one so far since I suck at the whole computer thing

Good job Dave, and Lady of the night:p

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast