Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Removal Question

Got to change out my back tire and have a wheel removal question. The Service manual instructs to lift the rear by the using the jack points on the muffler. I have an aftermarket muffler so can I remove the rear wheel with it lifted on a swingarm lift? Does the swingarm need to be hanging to be able to remove the drive belt?
    Note the XB Manual states the same-Lift at the muffler jacking points, so is it the same too?
    BTW... 3465 miles on the stock Pirelli

You can remove it just fine lifting it by the swingarm.

Thanks,
    Is this normal milage expected for a Pirelli?

I got almost 5k from mine, but still was not down to the cords, just really really close to the wear bars. I had a puncture that had been plugged that was starting to fail, probably could have gotten another 1k out of them otherwise.

I just got almost 4500 out of mine but I just switched to Pirelli Angels. They are suppost to have a long tread life and I've been happy with them in the twisties. . Mine wer'nt showing cords , just had the wear indicators wore down. What pressure are you running in them?

Mine were to the cords at 4500. I talked to a Pirelli rep that comes in to my work. He seemed to think it was do to the length of time sitting at the dealer and or the factory. I ran the correct pressure all the time, I have done several wheelies though. Could that have something to do with it?:D

I don't have them anymore, so I can't check, but I remember looking at the birth date of my tires and they were only a couple months old when I picked my bike up. Hated those tires though, was happy to replace them. Never did burn outs or wheelies but they still wore out fast and were very loose in the corners, even when pressures were correct. Love my road 2ct's...over 5k on them and they barely look used, plus way more grippy.

I'm def changing brands. Most likely Michelin power pures or pilot power 2ct.
    Couple of wheelies here too. Only one short 5 second burnout, the rest just hard, fast riding.

they still wore out fast and were very loose in the corners, even when pressures were correct
    I agree with that! They never did feel that good in the corners. I went with the Bridgestone Battle Axe BT016 and what a difference it has made in that bike!

Metzler M3's were AWESOME.

I got great performance out of them and I pulled 9k miles out of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast