Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me disable my kickstand, please!

I can't handle the thought of sitting on my bike for 5 minutes while it warms up. What's the best way to disable the safety switch on the kickstand? 2003 Xb9s thanks!

Why would you need to sit on the bike while it warms up? And why do you need it to warm up for 5 mins?

It is just a switch, not sure if it is normally open or closed but, it is easy to find out, unplug it from the kickstand, see if it will stay running, if not take a little piece of wire and connect the the pins together, check again, if it stays running with the wire in it, leave it there and tape it up real good, you just defeated the dreaded kickstand switch, but be careful to not roll out with the kickstand down, been there, done that

Why would you want to disable the kickstand switch the only problem I have ever had with mine is forgetting to put up the kickstand and having the bike stall. I have to say it took about 4 tries at leaving the gas pump before I realized what happened. The worst part was, lots of people around and I didn't look cool , but I guess that better than riding away with it down.

I can't handle the thought of sitting on my bike for 5 minutes while it warms up.
    This is the part i don't get... Does he want to let the engine run for 5 mins before riding? Neutral?

If the bike has the kickstand down it will not run. Ok, so the 5 minutes is an exaggeration...regardless, I would like to be able to let the bike run while the kickstand is down. Thanks uly luigi!

It does run with the kickstand down, if it doesn't then something is not working correctly

if it displays the behavior you are describing, then the side stand switch is not your issue. There are 2 other switches in play: a clutch switch and a neutral switch.

can you start it with the side stand down and the clutch pulled in? In not, then your clutch swicth is faulty. If yes, then your neutral switch is faulty. Does your neutral light work? You are starting it in neutral right?

Thank you nelson... I was starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my bike. It's supposed to start and run with the kickstand down and in neutral.

As far as the warming up thing goes. You need to put on all of your gear except your helmet and gloves. Start the bike sit on it, put on your helmet, then your gloves, then ride. 5 minutes is too long.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast