, increase, weeks, morons, doubt, possession, harley, odometer, magically, gained, 2,000, drove, screwed, somethingmaybe, cluster, replaced, assuming, country" /> Jump in Odometer miles while at dealer?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jump in Odometer miles while at dealer?

My bike, while at the Harley dealer, magically gained 2,000 miles while in their possession for 2 1/2 weeks. I seriously doubt the morons drove my bike across country, so what exactly could cause this? I am assuming they screwed with something(maybe replaced the cluster on me, etc.), or the bike has flipped out.

I was just getting ready to put the bike up for sale, so this 2k mile increase from 3300 miles to 5300 miles is very concerning. Anyone have a clue whats going on??

I'd call them and ask what they all worked on and see what they say. Then bring up the miles concern and see what they have to say

tires can tell you if they went 2k.

My buddy put a different ecm in his 1098 duc and it changed his milage. We called the dealer to ask why and on those bikes the milage is stored in the ecm. Did they do anything with your ecm?. (I dont know if the milage is stored on our ecm's) its just a thought

That was my other question, I am not sure if the mileage is stored in the ecm or the cluster.

The bike was in the shop because it wouldn't start. Just click. They said they replaced the starter relay. So I am not sure why they would mess with the ecm or cluster..unless they accidentally locked it since they didnt have the key code.

My biggest problem is they are saying that it had 5300 miles on it when they got it, which I know for a fact is not true, unless the bike decided to glitch and increase the mileage itself.

On a buell, someone correct me if im wrong, but miles are not stored on the ecm. so any ecm work shouldn't have effected mileage

Did they document the mileage when you dropped off the bike? When a car or bike gets dropped off at my shop thats one thing we always make sure we get.

^ the work order should have had the milage on it.sounds like they f ed something up and it took 2 weeks to get another cluster.or maybe one of the techs has a buell too.
    On a buell, someone correct me if im wrong, but miles are not stored on the ecm. so any ecm work shouldn't have effected mileage
    correct

Well they're not stored in the ECM. Otherwise a race ECM would reset your mileage.

(I dont know if the milage is stored on our ecm's)
    Well they're not stored in the ECM. Otherwise a race ECM would reset your mileage.
    My bad...I didn't think about that. Thanks for clearing that up.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast