Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catch Can

I did the breather mod and decided to machine a catch can similar to ones I have seen online. Here is the sketch in Solidworks and the finished powdered part. Now I am waiting for my fittings and a sintered metal filter to come in. I ordered all the parts from McmasterCarr as all the local stores did not have what I wanted. If anyone is interested I can provide a dimensioned drawing you could use as a pattern to make your own. I will keep this post updated with photos and show the final version on the bike.
    [img]null[/img]

Here is the finished piece. The drain is located on the underside of the can. The filter on the left side is a sintered metal 40 micron. The powder coat color matches the frame very close (Sherwin Williams Graphite Metallic). Total I have $20 in parts.

nice work

Any chance you would be willing to have some more of these made and sell them? I'm willing to bet there are several people on this site that would love to have one, myself included. The only thing that I would change would be using a flat black finish rather than the frame color, but thats just my opinion. Let me know what you think.

I would love to buy one from you. Let me know. thanks

Very nice work. I would love one if you made them available to people.

Hey ulyscol, you around? Several people were wondering if you could either build, or provide detailed instructions for building, a couple catch cans for some money? What do you say?

Hey guys. I have a buddy that said that he could make these catch cans with no problems other than needing the dimensions. So if anyone has them please post them. Since AmericanSportBike sells their's for $130 He said that he can deff make them cheaper. Would you guys be willing to spend $50-$60 for one? Let me know and I can get him started on making them once we have the demensions. Hopefully ulyscol can stop by some time and give them! :-)

Banned
    Hey, if I will provide CAD models and drawings for catch can with two pieces design like on the picture below how much it will cost to machine these two parts? Is it going to be less than AmericanSportBike price? If your friend can machine one piece for $50-$60 so I believe total cost will be about $100-$120 which is still less than ASB catch can. Can he anodize them also to black color?

Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-13-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast