Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buell XB fuel line disconnect.

Banned
    OK, I have removed the clip from the fitting, nothing difficult. So basically I need part number for this clip, or just another same fitting I can take clip off. I do not think I need to buy full fuel line assembly just to take the clip.

It looks like the fitting company name is NORMA, the fitting size 5/16 on metal tube side (on clip side). The clip has mark 5/16-8. Anyone familiar with this stuff?

Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-18-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Inactive
    do you use some sort of moisturizer during the colder months of the year? traditionally as the weather cools off here on the east coast i start to struggle with rough, chafed cracking skin on my hands.....and the Queen Bee finds it quite annoying when i pet her. your skin looks quite smooth and soft so thought i'd inquire. thank you.

Last edited by user_deleted; 11-18-2017 at 01:20 PM.

It does look well moisturized. As to the fitting issue.... let's fire up that readily available, handy ,magic CNC cutter thingy and make us some billet fuel line ends for some performance fuel lines.

As someone once stated, " Sometimes time costs more than the right stuff." Buy the darn fuel line ! When you purchase parts, you help the economy, which in turn, keeps the businesses in business that support your passion, which is, riding bikes.

Banned
    It looks like there is no replacing for this part anymore.

You can buy 5/16 nylon tube and new 5/16 Dorman fuel line fitting for a few dollars and assemble a new fuel line for Buell and have a bunch of spare retaining clips for Dorman fitting in case you will have broken one instead of buying new original fuel line which costs more than a few dollars and you can not find it in a local autoparts store and there in no replacing parts for this retaining clip anymore. I would do this if I would need whole fuel line assembly.

If I will not be able to find retaining clip I will probably just install the broken one back for now, it looks like it is still able to hold the tube with one tab. Or maybe just glue the broken tab back.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-18-2017 at 03:24 PM.

TEABAG you are really an IDIOT !!! Download a f---ing manual and stop posting stupid sh-t that you break. Know wonder your bike doesn't run right. OMG!!!! Do us all a favor and crush your bike because NO one would want to buy that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    I will probably just install the broken one back for now, it looks like it is still able to hold the tube with one tab. Or maybe just glue the broken tab back.
    Please do NOT do this. That part seals a highly flammable liquid, under pressure, in a hot, sparky, environment that you are straddling with your body. What could possibly go wrong?!?

I know we poke good fun at each other, I respect your skill set and it's always an interesting read, but good natured fun stops when you post something that far past reasonable.

Do NOT do that, replace the whole line, no glue will fix it, replace the whole line, do not re-install the one you KNOW IS COMPROMISED, do not start or ride this bike until you replace the whole fuel line that you broke. Pretty please, or the next pic you post will be of 3rd degree burns on your taint and a smoking hulk of plastic and metal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    TEABAG you are really an IDIOT !!! Download a f---ing manual and stop posting stupid sh-t that you break. Know wonder your bike doesn't run right. OMG!!!! Do us all a favor and crush your bike because NO one would want to buy that mess.
    I'm not sure how downloaded manual can help to fix the retaining clip. There is no such information in the service manual about it. I also have not found part number for this fitting in the manual. What manual are you talking about? Do you know the part number for the clip?
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-18-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Banned
    I broke just the retaining clip, not the fuel line and not the fitting. Retaining clip is easily detachable. I know how to detach the fuel line fitting from throttle body and I did it a lot of times before, but last night I accidentally pulled the retaining clip tab opposite direction because of for some reason I was sure this is the right direction and has cracked it, you don't need too much force to brake the tab if you will pull it opposite direction. I ordered used fuel line on Ebay, I will just take retaining clip from there. I will also try the clips from Autozone since it will take some time until I will have the fuel line here. I also noticed the opposite side tap has slightly cracked too in this place, but I did not pull that tab opposite direction. It looks like when you squeeze and pull the tabs multiple times they maintain crack in the corner, so these clips are pretty weak, I am surprised there is no spare clips for this parts.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-18-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Banned
    Woohoo! I have fixed it!

First of all the 5/16 fitting clip from Autozone does not fit, it has bigger ring diameter and shorted distance from clip latching edge and the ring which pushes the fitting o-ring inside the fitting and keeps it there. You also can not simply modify the clip from Autozone to fit it in the fitting, it will cut clip support structure.

Here is original 2009 Buell XB12Scg fuel fitting clip vs Dormain 5/16 clip

Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-18-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast