Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buell XB fuel line disconnect.

Trying to tear the motor out of my XB and ive hit a small snag. I have no idea how to disconnect the fuel line, and even after reading through the service manual all it reads is "disconnect fuel line", so that does not help me at all.

Its an 05 model so this is different than the later ones, the connector is a little black one with a red ring around it. Is there a special tool for this or is there a way I can do it with a screwdriver or something?

back behind he left peg is the disconnect

Eh the electrical plug I have no problem with. Its the actual fuel line itself.

Its just like in this picture, except the connector is different than that one and does not have a button.

I think it's supposed to be the same as the 04 and mine has that clip so it makes me think someone changed yours, if it doesn't have the clip I'd say just pull carefully

does it have an indicator for squeezable sides?

Mine looks more like this. See no button to be found.

Mine looks to me like there is 2 slots in the plastic where a special tool would go through and squeeze to release the clip. I was trying with 2 small screwdrivers but did not want to break it and cause myself a PITA.

Some models you have to push inward and pinch the clips on the fitting before pulling the 90degree fitting off. use due care and you'll get it.Make sure to wear safety glasses so as not to injure your eyes.Some like the one pictured above looks like the two small indents need to be pressed simultainously a small pair of bent needle nose pliers [MAY] do the job.Some of the newer bikes have a clip on which is also a pain but does keep it on tight. Not sure because press on fittings usually get replaced for warrantys sake.Check the inner o'ring if that one has one, I have in the past used an inner C'clip remover for inner and outer removal of U.joints clips to do a job like that Ended up buying several Kent Moore Tool for that thru.,dealer.Ouch!good luck.*Jimi

Thank you Jimmi!, ill attempt your method with a pair of c clip pliers I have. This is along the lines of what i was thinking.

Thanks again.

I'm having the same problem with the same clip on my 2004 XB12R. anyone know the answer?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast