Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torque Hammer with custom map from www.twinmotorcycles.nl

we have winter discount to (:

I purchased a 2006 XB12SS with a gutted exhaust. I found Twin on the net and after a short investigation re the TQ Hammer I purchased it and fitted it. The exhaust is brilliant. Great sound and improved power.
    I have subsiqently done a great deal of business with Martin at Twin. He's a wealth of usefull information re Buell and my bike.

would cost almost $1800NZD to get it to New Zealand... cause we get charged duty plus GST on anything over $500NZD

:( i don't fancy my chances of ever seeing one here in NZ...

Keep in mind that we can get these for you as we are a TM dealer. ;)

I really like this setup but I dont care for crazy loud. Any idea of dB level. I sold a Jardine because it was too loud. The Buell factory muffler has a nice volume to it but they are hard to find new.

I really like this setup but I dont care for crazy loud. Any idea of dB level. I sold a Jardine because it was too loud. The Buell factory muffler has a nice volume to it but they are hard to find new.
    Here's the product on our site.

They say it comes with a "DB Killer" but the actual value isn't listed. I'll ask to see if they have that data. Stay tuned...

Thanks!

Got a quick reply from TM already! They said:

"It is one of the most quite exhaust systems, cause here in europe we don’t use them loud for the law.

There is a db-killer in the exhaust when shipped we advice to take them out all our tunes are made without.

A jardine is different in sound when new and when old, when burnt out inside it’s very loud and brake."

The Buell factory muffler has a nice volume to it but they are hard to find new.
    I agree. I was actually surprised how quiet they were when I heard one. You can't buy them new unless someone has one sitting around which isn't very likely. If they did, they'd probably ask too much (IMO) for it.

I hope this helps. If there's anything we can do to help please let us know...

Just installed this on my 09' CityX. Wow it's like a whole new bike. No more sporadic idle, of decel popping, or that horrible low rpm stutter. The new map really brings out the potential of the motor, and the exhaust is loud but not deafening. Now keep in mind I had a Jardine RT-one on the bike and the noise it made was horrible, long distance trips were painful without earplugs. Martin and the guys know what their doing. Great customer service great product quality, and with as fast as I received the kit you would have no idea the are on the other side of the pond. Will post pics soon. I know the world doesn't believe with out pics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12