Thread: Ever get cop attention over "adult" helmets?

I've been looking into a new helmet and so for I like the Shoei Qwest.

But, as with every semi large purchase I make, I started looking up reviews online. In doing so I came across a couple interesting helmets, the Icon Eternal Saint/Sinner and the KBC Airborne/2.

I couldn't help but think that these helmets must have gotten some people some unwelcome attention. Know of anyone who got hassled by a cop over these or something similar to them?

I have the Bell Arrow Strafer. The pinup girl on the helmet is dress decently enough. I have never been stopped but she is a hit with my meetup group.

I would think the KBC would be fine since it has a military theme to it and the nudity can be over looked well maybe not so much but understood, the Icon just looks like something a 18yr old would wear IMO.

i have the icon saint helmet new in the bag it looks cool but i have to agree with x its more of an 18 year olds helmet they dont even make it anymore looks cool on my self

I have the KBC Airborne 2 and have actually had a cop comment on it being a sweet looking helmet while I was waiting in line at the post office behind him. Not sure what they could do to you for wearing a helmet with a half naked woman on it in the first place. I have carried it around in public places and never had anyone say anything other than it was a good looking helmet.

Besides, I'd rather protect my brain wearing this helmet than worry about offending anyone.

it's art yo :P

They can't do anything unless it's a photo I believe. Drawings are just... drawings.

yep

I have always wanted this one sooooo bad

They can't do anything unless it's a photo I believe. Drawings are just... drawings.
    That was my thought too, but I also know that some places are notorious for pissy cops. From what I've seen it's the "wanna be upper middle class" neighborhoods.

On a side note I've noticed for myself the Shoei head vs Arai head thing. Arai helmets squeeze like a vicegrip on me.