Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ecm spy loading maps?

I live in south Texas, but if I was close by I would show you the ropes on ECM spy and such. If you read around this web site there is some good information, that's how I learned.

The first thing I tried was resetting the TPS and just hooking up ECM spy to poke around and look at the different settings. Like said above it you decide to burn one of those new maps make sure you figure out how to save your old one first.

Question....Once Ive loaded the premade "racemap" eeprom and chose the maps tab, do I need to save front rear fuel and front rear tt all seperate? Then fetch my eeprom and load them in seperate or will loading the map input data in all 4?

Save your eeprom. I suggest in several places. Load your saved eeprom, then load the maps of your choice. Then save as what ever you want to name it. Then burn those maps to your ecm. Reset afv. Reset tps if you feel the need to.

Listen, its not "brain surgery". The best way I can describe it is like swapping jets out. Save your text files. then when you go to load eeprom hunt them down and click ok. Now you can get in there and start understanding how it is configured but whatever. Search the web on how to take some of the epa stuff out of the ecm. You shouldn't have to pay for something like learning about how fuel and timing maps work, but it is what it is. Ecmspy is very user friendly and allows us to swap maps. Don't pay somebody to hold your hand and hopefully get your bike tuned to stoich. This pisses me off everytime I read a post and people are like you gotta pay bro or some **** about how complex it is, or I can only tell you so much without stepping on peoples toes. Blah blah, most forums don't allow people to sell there product in the messages but its cool here. Which is fine I guess but I am a member on forums so we can share knowledge not sell it. If I want to buy a product I will go to a dealer. Pm me if you need help dude.

I would love to pay octopus to help me out, but that is not in the budget, nor is the $300 for the EBR RAce ECM. Where can I find premade maps for my setup?

My maps came with the cable and disc from ebay. But I know buellmods.com has a bunch too. I was able to do what I needed. As you said, its not rocket science, but a bit of trial and error and direction helps....Trauma and repetition. I most likely wont pay for anything other than dyno time. I was simply unsure of the fact that saving/loading maps was for all four (front fuel, rear fuel, front timing, rear timing) or if they needed to be saved from a race eeprom individually and loaded to factory eeprom individually. Found a video and watched it to confirm that they do not. Now I have my eeprom saved in multiple locations, a "race map" burned to my eeprom, and removed the actuator. I took it around the block just to see if it was rideable, Ill put some real miles on it in the AM.

Thanks

Seams like buellmods.com only has xb maps. I'm looking for 1125cr maps. Anyone have any pointers for me?

Talking to other 1125 owners would be your best bet

I have an 1125r and tunerpro and was wondering if others had ebr maps they would come off of too. but i doubt it though since individuals pay 300 bucks for their ecm from ebr. I wouldn't share if I had a jardine tune on an ecm I paid for from ebr. it runs fine though and plenty fast. way more bike than my old xb!

Mattenson- What EPA stuff can I take out of the ECM?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast