Page 143 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Quote Originally Posted by midway View Post
    What I did for my Buell today was try to install the wrong brake pads Lesson learned never believe eBay seller's year and model listing for Buell items, go straight to the parts catalog and Harley distribution... in other words see Lance. I don't know if I'm getting HH sintered brake pads now but at least I know the OEM ones from NewCastle will fit.

Became pretty obvious when the rotor was thicker than the gap between the pads LOL
    If these fit any other Buell's let me know otherwise its to the scrap pile with all my other knee jerk orders.
    Lunatic is where I got mine. Fit like a glove.

Banned
    What I did for my Buell today was try to install the wrong brake pads Lesson learned never believe eBay seller's year and model listing for Buell items, go straight to the parts catalog and Harley distribution... in other words see Lance. I don't know if I'm getting HH sintered brake pads now but at least I know the OEM ones from NewCastle will fit.

Became pretty obvious when the rotor was thicker than the gap between the pads LOL
    If these fit any other Buell's let me know otherwise its to the scrap pile with all my other knee jerk orders.
    It looks like you did not press the brake piston back. before installation new brake pads you have to open the brake fluid container and suck some brake fluit out of the container. Then keep the brake fluid container open and press the old brake pad back to original position using flat screwdriver like a lever. Keep an eye on the brake fluid level in the container to not spill it, suck some more if is is necessary. Once the piston is fully retracted you can replace brake pads.

The brake caliper also floating on the bracket left and right so you have to shift the brake caliper to align the brake pads with brake disk.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 08-15-2017 at 02:52 AM.

@TPEHAK of course sir, did it by the book. Rag around the fluid container, removed some fluid, piston depressed completely and all the way back, as you can see in the picture.

Now what's this about shifting the caliper oO because it is the housing on the piston side that's forbidding the rotor from getting between those pads at this point. Maybe I look a little closer and I hope you are right about this adjustment. However that part number on the package is not the one I found in the catalog for my Buell... so I gave up too quickly?

FA140HH is what I was sold
    H0301.T is in the parts cat

Update... you are sooooo right TPEHAK good eye ball on that. These are compatible and I got them in. I will try and pay more attention in the future.
    Thank you man! WE RIDE SOON!
    Last edited by midway; 08-15-2017 at 03:19 AM.

Inactive

lance.....scrap pile.....knee jerk....obvious.....never believe....lesson learned

EBC FA140HH rear pads fit all XB model buells. the problem isn't the pads....the problem is INCORRECT caliper/master cylinder prep and incorrect installation.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    EBC FA140HH rear pads fit all XB model buells. the problem isn't the pads....the problem is INCORRECT caliper/master cylinder prep and incorrect installation.
    Yep, slight shuffle of the caliper and they went right in thanks. Seems to have been lacking in the service manual. No mention or even identifying the area of the caliper that needed to be pushed back as you can see. It should have been mentioned right about here...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by midway; 08-15-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Really? I have found the later stuff much easier to find. What's the firmware version BUE2D?
    BUEOD at the moment. More internets searching to commence today then!

PS are you the only active member on here? lol Thank you for your helpful posts that I've found elsewhere all around these forums regarding other questions.

Turns out I have BUEYD! Figured out how to copy fuel and ignition tables from a BUE2D tune that I wanted to start with, disabled and removed the AMC servo, installed K&N air filter, changed oil/filter/primary, cleaned speedo sensor (didn't fix it), adjusted clutch throttle and brake, and went for a test ride. So much better starting point, except now I have a low battery voltage fault, maybe from having keyed on too long while tuning but I'll still test stator and VR outputs tonight. Then to figure out how to log and fine tune.

What I did today was replace the shifter linkage bolts on my baby. Seems it didn't like one of them and spit it out on the highway. Didn't realize it until I went to get off and couldn't find the shift lever in order to downshift. That will make you say, ruh roh shaggy!

Make sure you check your shifter linkage bolts boys and girls!

Took her out for a early 6:30 AM morning ride up to Humphrey Station, and a view of the creek on the North side.

ride07.jpg humphrey1.jpg

That bike is not a Buell