Page 139 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1855

Thread: What did you do for your Buell today?

Nice TPEHAK.... you should look into the case sliders as well...20161013_183027.jpg

I just ordered the gold triple tree adapter in that sv picture. Was really torn about adding some sliders to the order, but that'll be a purchase for another day.

How's my handlebar look?

I still can't believe my finger that was between the clutch lever and bar didn't break.

Also, those Renthal grips are over five years old now. They're the 32mm dual compounds. I highly recommend them for people looking for tons of grip! They're not very soft, and they don't really help with vibes. But they're really, really grippy and the bigger diameter allows a looser grip on the bars. I've got another set coming in the mail to go on the shiny new bar that I put on today.
    Last edited by Fatty SS; 03-05-2017 at 08:45 PM.

What did I do for my Buell this week?

Got a few things done this week.

I had to pull my fuel pump and replace the Low Fuel Switch. I used the ratchet strap over a ladder technique to get the bike lifted enough to get the job done.

After getting that all done I moved on to replacing wheel bearings. I "borrowed" a blind hole puller from Auto Zone. I managed to get one and a half bearings removed before I got bit by the slide hammer.

I pushed my way through the rest of the rear wheel getting it done and buttoned up. I figured I'd jump into getting the front wheel done the next day.

Front wheel bearings went without exception. I then went to install my EBR front rotor mounting kit only to find that I was missing a copper washer, leaving me with my bike sitting in the basement till EBR could get a replacement out to me, which they did very quickly.

I also had a few of the silver bits powder coated later in the week.

Looks good with all the black and I love the 5-0 Dro products. Sad to say they are almost a collectors item now days.

Two hole oil change last night. I bought spark plugs too, but ran out of time. I had to use the world's smallest funnel to fill the primary. Almost 10 minutes to slowly dribble a quart of amsoil in there. Haha! Mid job, I heard a smoke alarm in the house start chirping, which scared the **** out of my poor dog. Had to drop everything for a while to figure out which one it was, get a battery in there, and get the dog calmed down. Poor guy!

Last edited by Fatty SS; 05-19-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Ordered a new set of Conti Street Attack tires for the Firebolt. Figured I would go for some sticky tire while it is great weather and switch to the pro pilots or something similar, later in the year (the Conti's will only last about 4-5k miles).

Only 2500 miles on the original set (yes, the original tires from 2009 and only 2500 total miles on the bike) and they were defiantly not safe to be riding on in the first place. Small (1/8") chunks were falling off and I can see the cords.
    This is before I parked it:

Not sure why the right side is drastically more worn. Not like I ride in a circle or anything.

Banned
    Replaced steering head bearings. Handle bar had uneven resistance, I was not able to rotate the lower bearing by bare hand, it looked slightly rusted outside, so maybe frequently washing and rain riding badly rusted the bearing inside. Now with fresh couple of bearings the handle bar tuns nice and smooth with no resistance spots.

Last edited by TPEHAK; 05-20-2017 at 02:13 AM.

^^ Your gas cap is upside down^^

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by oh9bolt View Post
    ^^ Your gas cap is upside down^^

nice pick-up jesse. this guy cracks me up. posts up 19 page-long threads on fabricating custom key fobs from scratch....spends 4 days custom machining brackets to mount a sportster VR to a buell XB.....who can forget his month-long front mount isolator CAD renderings he flooded the board with....and can't install his gas cap correctly. LOL

Last edited by user_deleted; 05-20-2017 at 11:37 AM.