Thread: 05 XB9SX Disconnect oil Line fittings

Started to install my new Jardine slip-on and I can't seem to get the oil lines off of the case. Don't know if they are seized or if I am doing something wrong.

I started with the return line (left-most line). put 3/4" wrench on case nut and 1/2" wrench on line nut. held line nut from spinning and turned case nut to left to loosen. Doesn't seem to want to budge.

Any tips?

Make sure you use a line wrench or you may strip the nut I've taken mine off several times and go back with a thread selant so you don't have any leaks

There is Sealant from the Factory on those lines. you Will Need a 6 point Line Wrench. You can Gently tap the Line Wrench with a Small Hammer to Slightly Vibrate the Line Fitting to help it Loosen. Take your Time With That.[HopeFully]that will help! Some techs call those Wrenchs transmission Line Wrenchs also. Sears has some good 6/point ones for that kind of Work. Those May Be Metric Wrenchs needed to do that so check that before you Buy those. ONE Drop of Blue Thread Seal on those Fittings ONLY, and keep the drop of sealant at least two Threads back from the End of the fittings. No Teflon tape will work on that due to the Heat issues, it will eventually Melt. *Jimi

when I removed mine I remove the oil line nut not the big ones on the swingarm, no problems removing, or fitting, and no oil leaks after
    I think you canot remove the big nut on the swingarm before removing the oil line nut

Just put a Jardine on my XB this weekend. Oil lines at swingarm no problem at all.

still no luck. i can't get the large case nut to spin independently from the line nut.

can anyone confirm these details:
    - nuts should spin counterclockwise (left) when looking up from ground?
    - line nut should spin independently from the hard oil line (before it turns into braided)?

thanks.

Sounds like your going in the right direction, gti. Can you still start it? If so, it might help to start it and let it run for a bit. That might heat it enough to break it loose

Hey maybe a couple of picts would show us what is going on so someone here can get a better look at what is Troubling you with your ride. Welcome to the forum by the way. Don't let it get you it will come loose.They can be really stubborn after a couple of miles and Years of Riding. Christians' idea may help. Just don't use a really hot torch.The Engine heat is more than enough. Post up when can.*Jimi

thanks all. ended up just needing another hand to hold top nut steady while i gave the line nut my all. stubborn bastards for sure.

after i got the first one off, i realized it was easier to drop the muffler and cut the bracket to make a hole to slide the lines thru.

much easier. now, i should only have one leaky oil line :)