Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Firebolt Picture Posts...

My 2005 Firebolt from Western Australia

I'm new to the Buell experience, dunno why it took me so long. I've just bought a 2005 XB12R and absolutely love it. I'm interested in mods to improve on power and performance but want to keep a factory look. Mines black and orange. I'm in Perth Western Australia. Here's a couple of pics.

left-side.jpg right-front-side.jpg

Inactive
    pics can be deceiving but appears your firebolt already has the rare buell factory race muffler installed......that OR a faithful reproduction thereof. that muffler along with a freer flowing air filter such as a K&N and the installation of a generic "race map" or a custom tune to your ecm will enhance both performance and rideability. you won't gain 85 rear-wheel HP as some would lead you to believe but it does improve the things that i just mentioned.
    NOTE: i'd think twice about continuing to run that exhaust header wrap. disclaimer is that i not only have no experience with it....and many board members have used it without problems.......many board members have also experienced the pain and anguish of broken/cracked headers from using it. if that happens the header assembly is not only expensive but a real bitch to replace.

Question [São Paulo] Buell XB12R Customized

Greetings,

This is my 2006 XB12R, with 15k kilometers almost finished all customizations. I'm suffering a lot with chosen BREMBO RCS 19 Clutch Lever + Magura Hymec convertion pump. This setup needs adjustments to be minimally usable (too hard, almost impossible to use) or I sadly should rollback to cable setup. Anyone has recommendations about Magura Hymec installation/tuning?

BuellXB12R-001.jpgBUELLXB12R-002.jpgBUELLXB12R-003.jpg

Welcome to the forum and to Buells!

I have never installed that hydraulic conversion on a Buell before but I can tell you that if it's properly installed, a smaller master cylinder will reduce effort considerably, but will also reduce travel of the slave cylinder, a happy medium is what you're looking for. Try a 17mm and make sure the clutch disengages completely

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Welcome to the forum and to Buells!

I have never installed that hydraulic conversion on a Buell before but I can tell you that if it's properly installed, a smaller master cylinder will reduce effort considerably, but will also reduce travel of the slave cylinder, a happy medium is what you're looking for. Try a 17mm and make sure the clutch disengages completely
    Thank you for your welcome message @cooter. I'm be working with a mechanical this week to see if we could find out what's been causing this unexpected clutch hardening. I did my homework looking for the best parts before opt for Brembo Master Cylinder and Magura Hymec (instead of cheap chinese equivalent). Brembo has 18mm and 20mm options and MAgura Hymec is made for Buell XBs.

But seems both together are not really matching. Ill be back after I've fixed this issue or put all system at ebay.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526