Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free Spirits Tensioner Installation

onelogue, i was just asking because you said in your "condensed version" to remove the rear axel. again, great write up Baal

So this sounds like a great mod. I have reinstalled my belt 4 times and it seems to be under alot of tension which would put more wear on wheel bearings and we all know how many guys have been replacing those. But i dont see many buells using this tensioner.Do any other members use one of these and do you think it would save your bearings.

I've been running one for about 3 years now with NO problems! I think its a great upgrade!
    Ordering from overseas (Trojan) was NO problems at all either!

I got one but haven't put it on yet. I need a rear stand still. Getting one soon hopefully I can get the set.

Back on topic the guys from EBR said that the belt manufacture doesn't recommend the spring loaded belt tensioners. But IMO their reasoning didn't make to much sense so I got one.

I bought mine from solobuell.com they even compensated me for how long it took to get to me, they were out of stock. Didn't have to do anything with customs fedex delivered it right to the door with no problems.

great write up for a great mod.

Thanks guys. Of course onelogue's condensed version is correct. If I hadn't posted so late, I'd have looked up the torque specs, but where's the fun in that? My reasons for buying in on this as an improvment are the wheel bearing failures I've read about, and the increase in tension that you can see on hard decel. I figure that constant tension shouldn't be a bad thing.

chrispudd: All there'd be to sell would be the mounting arm, so I don't know what that'd be worth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by nitto12ss
    Thought you were going to polish the lip on the idler wheel.
    Well, I posted up in the other thread about that. I took it off, and could barely even scuff the coating, going all the way down to 100 grit, so I punted for now, and may try to find another wheel that I can work on over a longer time and then mount it up. I guess the "condensed version" on that is that I got lazy. :)

What is the difference between this one and the stock one? I am just trying to learn as much as possible about the Buell.

This one holds constant tension to the belt since it's spring-loaded, the stock one is just mounted & doesn't move.

you can order it direct from Free Spirits in Italy! much cheaper and you get it in 5-7 days by fedex...

www.freespirits.it

I was just curious. I am currently researching going chain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast