Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Android ECM App

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu8tJ3FoJHM

Keep going with it for a real time display and be able to make adjustments. Id love to have that!!

I'm open to ideas for what people would want to see in a final version of this. I'm looking to at least do data logging for tuning and a real time display with basic info (temp, RPM, TPS, ect...). This App should be compatible with the bluetooth dongle that Xopti sells, but I would need to double check with him to verify the chip he uses.

Good stuff!

Keep us posted...

Honestly I would prefer the ability to use my USB cable. But that could be just me.

I agree with you DustyXB, unfortunately Android does give a stand way to use the USB port for communications. Bluetooth is the only way to get data into the phone. Now think about this running on a tablet...... Taking the rest of my day off to keep coding. I will update as I get more work done. If there is anyone that has Android programming experience or that wants to help out, let me know. The more the merrier!

I'm HIIIGGHGHHHHHLLLY interested

Would this APP help with doing TPS resets on older XB's?

Well, at the moment... no. And it depends on what you mean by 'older'. DDFI-2, for sure, DDFI-3, very plausible. Unfortunately the documentation on DDFI-1 is a bit sketcher than the newer ones and I don't have a tube frame at my disposal to test. So the short answer, likely yes. There is no reason that code couldn't be written to do everything that ECMSpy does (like viewing/resetting error codes, TPS reset, built in tests, and EEPROM flashing and back up, table modification). If I could get the assistance of someone more experienced with tuning there is no reason that real time updating of fuel maps based on logged data couldn't be done from the phone/tablet.

That is pretty sick man. I have an 03 Firebolt that I have been needing to do a TPS reset on but I don't have the cable or ECMSPY so this would be awesome!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast