Thread: Race ECM Question

I have a 2007 Buell XB9R with a stock ECM and a Jardine exhaust on it. I've read up that a great investment is the race ECM providing an all around smoother running machine. My question is that I want to also upgrade to the K&N air filter, so will adding that in there be fine in conjunction with my Jardine on a race ECM? Or will I have to get it mapped? Thanks, I'm just a bit confused, also if you happen to have a link to a map if one is recommended that'd be amazing.

It will run fine, I have the buell race can k&n filter with open airbox and a race ecm runs great. Now if your open to learning ECMspy thats a great way to go as well. Its what I would have done but my bike already had the race ecm when I purchased it.

I have the EBR race ECM designed to go with the Jardine and K&N filter. Works great. Off throttle farts are now almost completely gone. Nice sound, beware that it will change your fan sequence. Mine is on a 12R but I imagine the results would be similar. I am used to tuning carbs so this was a new experience for me of "plug and play".

I believe that EBR actually recommends the use of K&N filters along with their ECMs & your pipe of choice...

Awesome guys! Thanks for the quick help, I'll be browsing around to find one soon here :D