Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Android ECM App

buellblood, you will still need to get a bluetooth adapter for the bike if you want to use an android app. Also, just in general, if you are a bit of an electronics nerd you can build a serial connection to your bike real easy. All you need is a MAX232 and an LM7805 or other 5V regulator.

Also, since I've got the bike communication down I'll be working on the GUI over the next few days. Does anyone around here have low level experience interfacing with the ECM. I gotta say that the documentation on the ECMSpy is nothing short of amazing, but there are a few questions I've come up with that are would likely be answered by someone with a little experience.

Is bluetooth connectivity truly the only option for androids? USB adapters can are freely available on eBay and elsewhere that allow direct connection of USB keyboards, mice and thumbdrives to android phones. I would think that current ECMSPY cables could therefore be used to connect directly between the ECM and the android.

Personally, I would prefer cabled datalogging to minimize the chance of dropouts and corrupted data (always a risk with wireless comms). That said, I'm a gadget geek and would love to see a robust and reliable wireless tool for android tuning.

I would think programming for USB operation using already existing ECMSPY cables would be a much shorter path to developing your app. For me, the app functionality would have priority over the method of connection. Develop the app first and its feature set with full USB operation, then develop the bluetooth connection.

Just my .02. Rock on with your project! Anxious to see your progress.

Hey Tork, thanks for the thoughts. I've written my code to work with a different communications option without major changes. I haven't look too much into USB communication on android before, but a quick check looks shows that there are options to make this work that I didn't see before. I'm gonna order some parts and see how it goes. Also, its a little cold right now to be doing programming in my garage next to my bike, so waiting for good weather.

Its here its here its here! Go to xopti its in the very bottom left of the downloads page! Thanks xopti!!

Now does anyone have a bluetooth module to see if this actually works?

Yep xopti does its $90. I spent about $70 to make mine so for an extra $20 And u get the app. I'm gonna go ahead and order one of his, its not very water resistant so he says not to leave it on the bike. When I made mine I added an off to the grnd cuz I heard of homade units draining Batts fryn themselves an such plus mines in a silicone tube. All stuff I can fix on xopti's unit I'm more interested in the bt module

Not yet, but I'm either going to build or order one

I looked and looked I finally found Tps reset. Its the white button @ the top under "active tests"

2hy2ride,
    Saw one of your posts today about ecmdroid app from xopti's website and downloaded it today. I already had one of his Bluetooth modules. I went out to the bike and within 2 minutes I was up and running. All I can say is WOW this is GREAT! Not sure who was all involved in making this APP but THANKS A LOT! I have not done it yet but it looks like this will make data logging a breeze! It was odd while I was playing with it today the dam phone rang and dame near scared the crap out of me! LOL

The coolest thing I've done so far is copy about 5 different eeproms to my phone that have real similar tunes for different exhausts basically. I go out and data log each one for like an hour (its gorgeous in Arlington TX right now 72°). After I finish I study the afv corrections that way I'm not having to start from square1 and I'm not starting from just any random race map. I start my custom tune from the most applicable base map I can find

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast