Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: extended swingarm

I dont see why an extended swingarm and fat tire make its a "thug" or "gangsta" bike... a little stereotypical dont you think?? I like the fat tire but I think the stretched look goes better with the jap bikes

Quote Originally Posted by 1SexyBuell
    I like the fat tire but I think the stretched look goes better with the jap bikes
    stretched isn't my thing, neiter is a busa...but i do think this is a very nice job!

Makes the bike look like it needs to go no a diet in my opinion, but somewhere is the guy that rides that thing, and he is happy with it. If I ever ride past him I'll wave, just like I do to everyone else, IMHO we're all riding on two wheels, why hate?

I couldn't agree with you more 1SexyBuell!! I purchased my Buell because of the individuality of it. My whole purpose was to not pull up to a "bike night" and see 5 bikes the same as mines there. The comments made were very stereotypical! Hopefully the guy who posted the comment reads everything said here and maybe question why he rides a Buell.

I purchased my Buell because of the individuality of it.
    Thats exactly why I bought mine... I wanted something that was out of the norm... I swear I see gsxr's almost everyday but whenever I come across a Buell its almost like I saw a rare creature...

Thanks for defending the bike, but I am really not offended. To each his own, I just thought it kind of sucked when someone asked about where to get one and instead got a bunch of "don't do it" or "it's gay". I just felt the need to chime in and correct some inaccuracies.
    To those that ragged it...you are most certainly entitled to your opinion...as flawed as it may be (lol). You have to admit though...when you see a sport bike with a massive rear meat, you can't help but check it out. Kind of like a train wreck, good or bad.
    About the exhaust...mostly for the look, but man that thing sounds wicked, and not nearly as loud as we expected. It actually runs pretty good like that, but I have no idea what the actual losses or gains are. Maybe it's something we should look into?
    If anyone out there does want one of these swingarms, I highly recommend you call Troy at Allen Bothers Chopper Works. The guy really is a talented fabricator. I find it very hard to embrace alot of the new builders that pop up acting like they are rock stars. There are lots of us out there that do this because it's what we're made of and not just to be a "celebrity", and Troy is one of those guys.

If you don't like how he customized it, do it yourself. There's no need to be a dick about it. It didn't do it for me either, but he did a damn fine job doing it. That's a piece of art, you may not like it, but it's undeniably good.

I like the extended swing arm! Wouldn't do it to my daily rider but if invested in another Buell I would try it out as a project! I just love the fat tire!!

But the wheels would definitely have to stay stock, those chrome ones are probably what give people the "gangster" feel, but seriously the stock Buell wheels are just bad ass! Nothing beats them

doubt it would fit w/o modification, but I have my old swing arm from my '09 xb12Ss... if you don't mind a scratch or two

Kajer, shoot me an email on what you want for the swingarm. I want to do the Ss swingarm on my firebolt. A couple pics of the entire thing and scratches if you would.

xtremelow2@yahoo.com

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast