Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is a interesting read

Please give it a read

stop-me-before-i-buy-a-used-buell-xb/

A mostly good read--but complaints about the brakes and ergo's?!?! WTF? I have an Aprilia Mille Factory ('04), a KTM SuperDuke, and had a slew of GSXR1000's prior to that--The Ape is a torture rack, and my XB12 is a freakin' lazy boy by comparison! The brakes are also pretty amazing. He basically said that the bikes he rode for that review were clapped out heaps in need of serious TLC--so why base a "buying" decision on that? Let alone write a "review?"

Additionally, the power from my XB is intoxicating. Yeah, it doesn't rev to the moon, but it wasn't intended to. It provides serious thrust across its RPM range, and I really, really appreciate that! :)

I guess you either love it or hate it!

I found the comments to be disappointing. However for less than 5k I dont think you can get a better bike. I love my Buell.

I think they missed the point of ZLT brakes. It's for less weight on the front wheel not necessary better braking.

what i always tell poeple, compared to a japenese 600, youll hit the limit at about 11000-12000, but around 5000 you have to slam it down two or three gears. the xb has amazing power IN ALL OF ITS RPM RANGE without throwing down a lot of gears. lets face it, if youll be spending a lof of time on the top rpm range, then something japenese may be for you. but the bottom-end torque and power is great for around town, on the twisties, going to starbucks, occasional trips to class, bike nights, etc. not doing anything on the top end for any of those

Inactive
    said it before and will say it again: if you're the tank top/surfer shorts/rubber flip-flops style of rider stay away from buells. you need and belong on a japanese rice rocket. but for the rest of us that big burly soul-stirring V-twin sound, tons of torque and a certain rarity attract us to buells. they are absolutely positively the biggest bang for the buck in the motorcycling universe.

i thought it was a fair wright up.his statement on the brakes was accurate as far as stopping power.what the front brake lacks in stopping power it makes up for in the twisties.
    everyone has a different prefrence when it comes to handeling suspension,tire profile,air pressure etc.

out of all the bikes i've had over 3 decades none of them has ever left me stuck somewhere for a hour talking about it.this happended last night again!

Every time I ride a Buell, I sense that soul-moving effect.
    this is why we really love our bikes.

I don't get the brake complaint? My Buell stops HARD. Only my Mille with Brembo radial calipers stops harder...

Another point I failed to mention in my op: one of the primary reasons I love my Buell is that it is an American sportbike. I just feels good to be able to say that... :)

I love my Buell is that it is an American sportbike. I just feels good to be able to say that...

if I ever win the lottery, I'd start the Buell American Motorcycle Company all over again, put EB back in the number one seat and let him do his thing! that's how much I love my XB :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast