Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firebolt 12000K Xenons installed

For the most part, you could force the threaded end of the signal through the plastic part of the front fairing but the brace had to be drilled out from 1/2" to 5/16" the rears went right in. Didn't want to mess with load resistors as they can get HOT, so I just swapped out the flasher unit with an LED compatible unit. ($20 plug-n-play from ASB)

this is great, did you have to take the front fairing off to do the install?

my low and high beam set should be here sometime this week. I got them off of ddmtuning, not to bad the 55w 6k kit ran me 93 bucks shipped.

how much wiring did you have to change, according to the kit i bought its plug and play, we all know that rarely happens.

I did this a while back, and it was straight plug-and-play. They only wickering I had to do was to find someplace to mount the ballast. Well worth the effort.

awesome, thank you.

Originally I had mine wired through the plug and play method, worked fine for about 6 months. I've since wired a delay relay through the power source, essentially delaying the power to the lights until I get the bike started. That's not to say I had any issues, more of an insurance policy (like the frame pucks) lengthening the life of the ballasts.

Details?

yes, please, i heard from my buddy with a daytona 675 that the lights turning on and off during a start has caused him to buy new bulbs.

Originally I had mine wired through the plug and play method, worked fine for about 6 months. I've since wired a delay relay through the power source, essentially delaying the power to the lights until I get the bike started.
    Please explain or post pics on how you achieved this. I'm having an issue with a ballast not igniting. I have pull the fuse start the bike then plug in the fuse a few times til it stays on waiting on a warranty replacement but want to install a switch or even better a delay like you.

I should have taken some shots when I had her stripped down for the LEDs. I can walk you through the install process. it's simple enough...
    Parts needed:
    DEI 528T Pulse Timer Relay

Depending on application you may need a standard 30amp relay,

I opted for the relay socket as well as it made for a cleaner install.

Both acquired from partsexperss.com if remember correctly
    Then obviously you'll need a handful of wire and wire accessories to connect it all.
    With you're standard single bulb 35 watt HID setup, you should be fine without the additional relay, as the 528 Pulse Timer has a built in 15 Amp relay.

If you're using two 35 watt HID's or a single 55 watt HID, I'd recommend adding the 30 amp relay as well, again insurance policy.

With the pulse timer alone, I'd run a 10-15 amp fuse. With the additional 30 amp relay, I'd run a 15-20 amp fuse. The 528T pulse timer has an adjustable delay, anywhere from 1 second to 90 seconds. Mine is set at 15 and works great for me. Enough time to prime the fuel in the system and start the bike then the lights pop on as I'm gearing up, and voila she's ready for a ride :D Hope this helps all interested in prolonging the life of the ballast on their HID set-up

I 2 HID's one for low and one for high. Obviously I don't use high that often so I should be able to leave it on the "stock" circuit I would assume. But as for the Low beam I would definitely use the delay. Now to come up with the funds to get the materials lol. I would think I could go to a local car alarm installer and get the delay as I goggled it and it seems to be used in that application. <EDIT> Just got off the phone with them and they actually have them in-stock for 30$ is that a good price? I know on amazon they are showing for 19$ but I don't have access to any plastic lol.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast