Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: push rod gaskets 17649-02

see this. http://www.scribd.com/doc/31630410/B...ssembly-Manual

sorry if you ordered two of the same one because i had a stupid moment. and it fits both xb and blast because the blast only has a front cylinder.

all good still need pick them up http://twinmotorcycles.com/webshop/a...4E1A09FD57.jpg http://twinmotorcycles.com/webshop/a...B38A9F9044.jpg do these look like right ones gona need

why do you have to change them. im pretty sure they didnt come in my gasket kit so i just used the old ones. they are a soft rubber they will seal again.

i was thinking they be ok i was just gona buy new tobe on safeside i have the Cometic Top End Gasket kit they gave me a set with that but they dont look like the oem

oh then just use those. cometic is the ****, whats different about them? i have a cometic gasket kit on mine and i could swear it didnt come with those.

they look more like for a sportster style like the ones in this kit this is the kit i have http://www.directharleyparts.com/gas...lt-p-2887.html

Banned
    Today I found that the front and the rear pushrod cover base gaskets are different. Rear pushrod gasket part number is 17649-02. Front pushrod gasket part number is 17608-00Y. I was thinking they are the same or sold as kit for rear and front, but not.

You could 3-D print a time machine and tell them all about it 5 years ago.

Banned
    When I was looking for gaskets I was confused by the picture on Twin Motorcycles web page showed two gaskets in one bag with parts number 17649-02, so I was thinking this is full set, I also did not notice the gaskets are different, now I have to wait the correct gasket before I can start assembling the cylinders. The old pushrod cover base gaskets look good but I don't want to install old gaskets because of the one pushrod cover top o-ring gasket is already leaking and I don't want to spend months again wrenching the motorcycle just to replace one gasket.

I actually was expecting to fix this crap for a few days, but each time I went to next step I figured out I need another parts or another tools, and service manual is not clear at all on parts and tools you need, sometimes the tools part numbers listed in the service manual do not exist already, or hard to find, or hard to figure out the correct tool size, so a few days extended to months because of each time I stuck such way I need to investigate the issue, then order new parts or tools and then wait them before I can proceed the work. I have not found any thread here with full list of must have tools and parts to perform such job, so maybe when I will have done with this I may create such thread with full list of stuff and tips and tricks service manual does not cover or not clear on. Such thread would be really helpful.

Also be careful shopping on Harley Davidson St Paul because of it says "17649-02 GENUINE BUELL LOWER FRONT PUSH ROD TUBE GASKET" but 17649-02 is actually REAR gasket https://www.sphdonline.com/products/...-xb-models-l6d
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 12-16-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Inactive
    I have not found any thread here with full list of must have tools and parts to perform such job, so maybe when I will have done with this I may create such thread with full list of stuff and tips and tricks service manual does not cover or not clear on.

i'm begging you please don't. we really can't tolerate any more.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast