Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non bike related question

Hey guys. I have a Euro spec 97' Ford Mondeo. Recently took a short road trip and on the way back, she over headed, shut off and wont start back up. I looked under the car and there was little spots of oil, but some showed up on the dip stick. Just wondering what could be the issue, would the engine be blown? This is the first time its ever had any problem like this and was showing NO signs of distress on the way to my destination.

Low on blinker fluid:D

I checked that and the headlight temp sensor and they were good! lol

Aside from the bull****ting, you say it won't start. So does it just turn over? Or not crank at all. Was the oil foamy? Does the antifreeze have oil in it? Is it getting spark? Just throwing out questions to get a better idea of what's going on.

I'm no mechanic but do all the work on my trucks, I'm more of a hands on person. Just explain exactly what it's doing when you try to start it.

No it wont start, it turns though. The antifreeze was brownish so im gona say yea its had oil in it. The oil wasnt foamy or anything. When I try to start it, it sounds like a raspy cough but doesnt start. Before it shut off, I would step on the gas and the engine would make a rattling sound??

Well usually if oil is in antifreeze it'll be a white color. I would check to see if it's getting fuel and spark to start. You can press the button in on the valve on the fuel rail to see if the line has pressure, turn the key back and forth a couple times first, gas will spray out if it has pressure. And autoparts stores can test the ignition module and coil packs. Actually a genearc way to test the fuel pump it to just turn the key forward and wait a second and back and forward a few times then try to start it.

Inactive
    believe this would be more appropriate to post on the Ford Mondeo website.

Therein lies the problem. The car right now is 2 hrs away so i cant readily check anything. Its at an Italian mechanic who is saying that it needs a new engine. To get it towed will cost me 450 euro ($625). Im stuck between a rock and a hard place right now :D

@lunatic, I did. Just looking to get different opinions as to what it could be. Guys on here are mechanically inclined, not just in motorbuells. So I threw it out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast