Thread: Better footpeg ergonomics

Hybrid View

If your are like me in thinking your Lightning footpegs are way too high, hear is an easy mod.

I used the current lower footpeg bracket as a pattern and cut it first out of a .25" thick piece of wood so I could get the curves right. Then used it to cut and tap .25" aluminum plates. I settled on about 2.4" drop as the right distance that the shifter could adjust correctly to. Found a Uly rear brake line on ebay for $25. Needed to create some angled bolt spacers to clear the right side brake cylinder from the drive belt(i just ground down some oversize nuts).

It looks good to me and it is a much more comfortable ride now:D (also raised the bars with 2" Roxsport risers)

Hi Seattle Bueller - Came across you post and decided to give it a try. Have 1/4" templates made and will pick up some 3/8" plat after the holiday. Thanks for doing the write-up, its just what my 68 year old knees needed. With a 2-3/8" drop should be able to keep riding the 07 TT for quite a few more years.

I live on Bainbridge. If you're still around let me know, either on the thread or PM me.

Finished and installed the peg extensions on both Buell's. It was quite a bit of work but came out nice, (I'm not a metal worker so it took longer than it should have). Took one of the bikes for a 20+ mile ride yesterday, what a difference, well worth the effort.

The OP said 2.4" was about the max drop. That's about right but if you fiddle with the gear shifter you could get a little more. Mine ended up between 2-1/4 to 2-3/8". If you decide to make a set first make a plywood template. Strongly suggest going with 3/8" aluminum plate.