Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better footpeg ergonomics

If your are like me in thinking your Lightning footpegs are way too high, hear is an easy mod.

I used the current lower footpeg bracket as a pattern and cut it first out of a .25" thick piece of wood so I could get the curves right. Then used it to cut and tap .25" aluminum plates. I settled on about 2.4" drop as the right distance that the shifter could adjust correctly to. Found a Uly rear brake line on ebay for $25. Needed to create some angled bolt spacers to clear the right side brake cylinder from the drive belt(i just ground down some oversize nuts).

It looks good to me and it is a much more comfortable ride now:D (also raised the bars with 2" Roxsport risers)

Sweet idea! Looks great! I was looking into lower pegs at some point, but I'll keep this bookmarked as an idea to try.

BTW, what mirrors are those? and how are the mounted?

One rep vote for a good mod idea. I already have the 1" drop pegs, but still considering doing this for another 1 1/2".

Mirrors were bar-enders that I took apart, mounted them on a couple of small aluminum angles, and screwed them to the front of the hand guards.

Can you post a pic of the mirrors? How are they with the vibrations of the bike?

The lower bracket behind the guard are aluminum angle, the upper brackets I had to remake out of sheet metal because the original plastic ones didn't hold up. they do vibrate, but I can still see the cars around me and they are small, out of the way, and keep me legal.

spacers are behind the heel plate that I had to bend back a little after install.

Looks good might have to try this one and save a couple of buck on pegs. thanks for the mod

i like your idea seattle but im changing it up just a bit for myself. Im only going to drop an inch and im going straight down and not back at all. its still work in progress but ill put a pic when done. thanks for the idea again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast