Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Better footpeg ergonomics

watch the footpeg to shifter distance. When I mock-up the plate out of wood first, I tried different drops and shifter/peg gaps and this one felt the best to me. Everyone is not the same, and since I have an STT I have lots of ground clearance.

heres mine its and inch and a quarter drop without poweder coat yet, and my cigarette ligher mod I did for my cell phone or gps.

Looks like that will work, but if you want a smoother transition, put the footpeg where you want it and then rotate the top of the stock bracket back until it flows visually with the frame. Create the drop plate there.

-B

-

Seattle Bueller

Are the 1/4" allow plate droppers strong enough to allow you to ride standing up?

A nice simple answer. Well done. I was looking at buying all the necessary Uly parts but that would've meant having to use the Uly pegs too, which I don't want to do.

I have a 2007 Ss and mocked up the 2 1/4" drop which the Uly parts would give and tried the bike on my favourite test road and nothing grounded so I'd thing a 2" drop would be just fine for me.

Thanks for sharing your clever solution.

Cheers
    Graham

After you asked, and I hope this didn't screw anyone up, but I just measured the plate on my bike I ACTUALLY used 3/8" plate. Seems fine for standing on. A short drop with 1/4" plate is probably also fine. My apologies.

Why not just get a cruiser:p

With this mod, my STT feels more like a big dirt bike than a cruiser. Maybe I'll hit the local MX track and try it out on the triples

Seattle Bueller

Since you used 3/8" alloy droppers which would move the frame lowers and the master cylinder outwards by 3/8", why did you still need angled spacers for it to clear the belt?

Also, did you need a longer hose to the brake reservoir and to lengthen the brakelight cable?

Cheers
    Graham
    07 Ss

^^^ nice pic. My favorite movie scene of all time...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast