Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ss to Firebolt Tail swap has begun!

well to start off I will probably just machine a piece to lift it. Just so I can see what it would look like. Assuming i like the riding position I would then think about making it permanent.

How bad is the gap on yours?

it looks pretty much identical to yours ill throw up a picture when i get home . . let me know if that piece helps i may ask if you could make me one and ill pay for materials and labor

I think it would be very similar to the Trojan product. I have not even looked at it to see how I would want to go about it. You do realize that if you lift the bottom it will increase the gap on the bottom also.
    I will post it up when i get some time to work on it. I would like to see your pics, to compare the gap.

i have them i just need to post them but yea i dont think lifting the bottom would do anything because its flush along the frame . . . the subframe bolts would need to be moved upwards more towards the airbox . . . i saw the firebolts subframe bolt up points and they are different from the lightings

here is the gap

hmmm interesting. It does look about the same as mine. I guess the mounting points must be a little lower then the firebolts. I always thought the frames were exactly the same.

By lifting the tail it would rotate the front of the seat flush with the airbox. Try taking off the bottom bolts and lifting the tail up till the seat fits nice. I will see if I can try it and post some pics. My only concern like I said earlier is that there will be to much of a gap on the bottom then. Only way to know is to try I guess!
    I will keep you informed.

Jornum1,
    Would shortening the new bungs you made have the same affect? I would look there first instead of trying to figure out how to add space in at the bottom mounts.

I'm not looking at it face to face so I'm just guessing here.. but it seems to me that it would work the same?

It might work, but would be easier said then done. I would have to make new longer mounts because I would have to cut these off higher up.
    In all honesty I am considering extending the rear anyway to get a little bit of a tail lift effect. My seat is pretty beat up too, so I will probably just lay some glass over the old pan and reshape the front to fit nice and flush.
    It seems like Climber had the same problem when doing his firebolt tail swap. And he didnt have to modify his. There must be a slight difference there between the two models I assume.

Sorry i saw that you said you had a link to a page where they did the swap to a xb9sx, could you send that to me as well, great build and an awesome looking bike

Sure, send me over a email at Jornum1@YAHOO.COM and I will send it to you. As I said I am not sure if its cool to post links to other forums on here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast