Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Throttle position sensor

haha. Thanks guys. Just doing my part. I am very familiar with parts, much less familiar with the Buell itself. lol. You ever need help hunting things down, let me know. I have access to HD network for inventory hunting too. So I can always find which dealers have which parts once they go obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by JOEL9 View Post
    Got it done. aftermarket tps works fine, a little cheaper than the stealership & way easier to get, but they still don't give them away. $80.00 (Autozone), this will work on '08+ XB bikes. bike works fine now, no wacky idle & seems to run smoother on acceleration.

Can anyone confirm that this will work on my '08 xb12r?

Getting the erratic idle, then spitting, then stall on warm up. TPS reset not working. After warm up it idles fine. Thinking it is bad TPS.

Well, he says it will work on 08+ XB bikes and you say yours is an 08 XB ! I would guess he's confirming it.

Does anyone have cross reference PN for '03 firebolt? I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simplymichaeljr View Post
    Does anyone have cross reference PN for '03 firebolt? I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...ference-thread

Thank you for the pict! Helpful for sure.

Hi,
    I am new the forum, since I just picked up my first Buell this week--a 2003 XB9s. It had a rough/dying idle and it is very tricky getting into second gear. According to the seller's mechanic, it was just a TPS issue but he didn't have the parts to fix it. From what I've read here so far the symptoms sound the same as everyone else's TPS issue. The air/fuel mixture also seem to be running very rich based on a smoky pungent exhaust at idle. I don't know if this is normal for the HD engine though. So my question is if there is anyone in the Houston area that would be who has the ECM connection cable and ECMSpy that would be willing to let me bring it buy to get this reset? I need to get my bike on the road for work. This weekend would be ideal. I don't have the time to wait for the parts on order. I would pay a reasonable compensation for your time and trouble. There are plenty of HD mechanics around, but I don't know who I can trust with Buells. I'm in the Cypress area. PM me.
    Cheers, I look forward to some group rides.

Do a search for TPS reset, and see if that helps, also check your grounds, by that I mean, take them off clean them and the area of the frame that they ground to.

Welcome to the forum.

A search for TPS re-set for an '03 will tell you that you need a computer connection to do it.

Either a cable (+/-$40) to a laptop running ECMSpy

or

A bluetooth dongle (+/-$50) for a wireless connection, and ECMDroid on a tablet or android phone (for free)

Contact Buelltooth.com, Buellmods.com or PM AZMidget on here. They all have clear instructions on how to do it yourself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234