Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: clubman alternative

once upon a time I had the bikemaster clubman hanldebars with the 2 inch risers from precision engineering on my lightning ss but it made my bike handle poorly, My hands would go numb after about 20 mins of riding and I could barely lock my bars. So I changed them our for a set of mid low protaper se handlebars I bought on sale for around 60 bucks and my local bike shop. It was lower than the stock handlebars but not far enough foward. So I turned the protapers around and upside down( I hope that makes sense, I guess thats inverted) and used my 2 inch risers that I still had and It is soooo much better! It is lower than stock and more forward like I wanted, I now lean over the tank. I threw on a set of firebolt pegs and it defintely gives it a more aggresive feeling.

Looks good bud. I just threw on my white set of plastics, and those exact decals just 15 mins ago. I also got plans in the near future of going back to a lightning front end. I should hit you up soon and see this in person. I dont know what i'm going to do about bars yet.

looks good

Thanks guys! oh yeah Texan when he hang I'll let you try out my set up and see if you lke it. I really wanted the cr clubmans but they are hard to comeby and if you do find them they're over 120 bucks,.plus you need some fat bar adapters and I hear you have to dril a hole in your front end housing to get the clutch to fit.

Its just a small hole.

^^thats what she said!

Sorry, i cant help myself. Lol! Btw, pretty badass idea 100thwindow. Think i got a new direction on my bar swap plans for my '07 9SX. Is the reach improved any?

My bike is kinda...tight quarters, for lack of a better description. Im only 5'8" but i got some long legs and arms lol!!

Haha good one sberge. Yeah they do have a farther reach and lower than stock.my elbows aren't out anymore. I'll take some pics tomorrow of me on it so you can get an idea

Good deal man! I think this and some lowered footpegs would really relax the riding position. My calves are almost touching the back of my thighs and Id like to put a little more weight over the front with the bars.

If it works for ya then thats all that matters. I guess I spent so many years on a dirtbike that that just looks wrong to me. Cant say why other than it just does. Not trying to slam anything.....just cant wrap my brain around it.

Looks good! Loving the plastics too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast