Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire change how to

If the tire has such a point it will be marked by a colored dot on the tire. The Bridgestone BT016's I ran had such a point. The ContiMotions I'm running now did not have a mark of any sort so I assume they are better balanced durring the molding process.

9-10 new they have a dot. If not or if they are take offs, you can look on the inside of the tire before you put it on you will see a arrow/chicken hash mark at the light spot.

Just keep in mind if they are take offs and the person who took them off didn't mark the stem your going to have to mess with it a bit.

My conti's had absolutely no marks..... Inside it out. Rode it last and it was butter smooth.

Just a bit of curiosity, how do those balance beads work? The theory of operation if you will.

Preferrable to the lead weights?

Just a bit of curiosity, how do those balance beads work? The theory of operation if you will.
    How these work.

Ok because I know the tires I bought don't have a mark on the outside, I looked for a while. I'll check the inside...

How these work.
    That's what i was thinking, just seems weird to have beads running around in your tires. Obviously the balance would be perfect once you are at speed in a straight line, I wonder what they do hitting corners. I bet you get some interesting noises when coming to a stop.

I couldn't find an arrow or a dot or anything like a marking on the tires(inside or out). Only thing I found was a roughly 1" long sticker(barcode) on each one on the bead. Maybe this is it? Just strange as it's a barcode...

1st few times pushing your bike around you will freak out when you hear the beads and can't figure out what the noise is. I know I did.... Lol. As far as corners go they are just fine. I ride hard enough to start rolling the rubber on my rear tire and ut got greasy.... Never once did the bike ever feel unbalanced.

freak, try using baby poweder/talc powder instead of kitchen soap. The soap, left inside the rim can cause corrosion of the aluminium. Most all soaps are caustic.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast