Thread: 09 XB9s - $7k? Really? wtf...

A tad on the high side for a bone-stockerimo, even with only 500 mi. But GLWS dude...or dudette...whatever
    CL

it's OBO and a nice looking bike.

Can probably get 5.5k

I paid more than that for my 2010 XB12R, so I personally don't think it's too outrageous. Remember the bike is only worth what someone will pay. My 2010 had 500 miles on it when I bought it in October. I know I paid a premium, but it was the bike I wanted in the color combo I wanted. Was a no brainier for me. If there is someone looking for a low miles bike in that color combo, he'll get pretty close to his asking price.

-Matt

. If there is someone looking for a low miles bike in that color combo, he'll get pretty close to his asking price.
    I agree! I say it everytime a post like this comes up. If it weren't for that ****ed up fire sale pricing HD implemented at the closure this guys price would be spot on instead of people bitching and totally devaluing our bikes. It's easy to tell who was a Bueller before the lowball prices and who only became a Bueller because they were cheap to buy.

i paid 7,500 for my 2010 12scg with 5000 miles but i couldn't get a loan from a bank. So the dealer was my only option and i wanted it bad

Inactive
    so since the demise of Buell Motorcycle Co. prices have stabilized and actually increased slightly in certain parts of the country like here on the east coast. Ulysses book value prices have INCREASED an average of 20% in the past 2 years. i say good for us owners.

500mi is CHERRY though. I would say it's a matter of supply and demand. It might sound crazy, but there are a lot of people out there who like having "like new" things, and would certainly pay even 7k for it. i'd pay 6 if i had the money. You know it's never been tinkered with or anything, so its a virgin bike to do whatever you want with.

I agree with Hooker, these bikes are a rarity these days especially in that condition. You get what you pay for, if you want to pay book value or less, you're probably not going to get a Buell that clean. That is a bike the owner obviously babied and cared for, didn't ride her much either. It might not be worth that much to you, but it is to him. When you're buying something from another person you are buying it from them, not a store. You can always negotiate about how much it should be worth, but it all boils down to what it's worth to them.