Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XB to a Blast?

Well my body's better so I've been thinking about riding again.
    Since my XB9 wreck around Labor Day, I have looked into other bikes but just don't have the loot. :-/

With that background, I have recently begun to wonder: Has anyone gone from an XB or a Tuber to a Blast?
    I know that's not the usual direction, but I've kept my mind & my eyes open.
    There are few X1's or XB's out there that I can afford right now.

On the other hand there are a LOT of inexpensive, low-mileage Blast's nearby.
    Plus I'm sure it would be way easier on the insurance expenses, etc.

Would use mainly for in-town commuting & a few shorter highway jaunts (maybe an hour or less).

Was just wondering if any Tuber or XB riders have had the experience of "downgrading" (no offense intended to current Blast owners) & whether or not they were able to adjust accordingly.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, & oh yeah--Happy T-giving, everyone!

--Finny
    :D

my mom owned a blast....there is no way i could make that plunge from my xb12s.

if youre really on a budget and could use some saving on insurance start looking around for a dual sport. they can be had for cheap and are extremely fun.

I started with a Blast, then upgraded to a XB9 about 2 years later but kept my Blast. Occasionally I'll ride it if I'm working on the XB or just for fun. You can most definitely tell a difference and it took a couple rides to get use to the Blast but its still fun to ride. You can hammer on the throttle and sling it pretty much anywhere. One thing I do love about my Blast and wish it was better on the XB was the turning radius. I can U-turn on a dime with Blast.

I love my blast. The damn thing is indestructible .

If what youre asking is, going from a XB to a blast will it still be fun?... Yes!

I ride a 12R, this last saturday the gf got a blast. Well ive riden that more than my own since and all i wanna do is get back on it and ride some more. Get a blast save up for another XB down the road. Its win all around

I agree with theycallmecrash. To quote a popular bike mag, it is more fun to ride a small bike hard than it is to ride a big bike slow. I have had more fun flogging a little ninja 250 down the same twisty road that I had to baby my liter bike on.

it is more fun to ride a small bike hard than it is to ride a big bike slow
    Not to offend anybody but if you can't handle the power of a big bike that's what you would say...

I had XB9S and Blast in the same time for my GF. Well Blast is fun and GREAT commuter but I had so MUCH MORE fun on XB.

I disagree MAGIC, I can handle the big bikes and I have a ****load of fun on my blast because I can actually push it to it's limits without worrying about how much it'll cost me to fix. I also take my blast offroad and it takes it like a champ.

[Not to offend anybody but if you can't handle the power of a big bike that's what you would say...
    Before its taken as an arguement, im stating now all i wanna do is debate this claim in a friendly manner.

I agree with kelley, the blast doesnt have enough power to do anything too crazy, but its extemely maneuverable in tight spaces and i can use all of it all the time. My XB sucks around town at slow speeds, gets hot, low RPMs, speeding tickets. It is only fun when i get out to no where and open it up around some turns over 6000rpms. Lets be honest with ourselves, none of us can get everything out of our big bikes even on the track, we dont have that kinda time or money to do so. The blast is so limited we can push it beyond it. They have their time and place for fun. The blast is just more fun on the way to work.

Like I said blast is a great commuter, way better than xb, that you can have fun on. In my case I found myself having bigger grin on xb. That's all I was saying.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast