Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XB to a Blast?

In my case I found myself having bigger grin on xb. That's all I was saying
    I completely understand, got a little rowdy on my 12, it feels nice :D

Very cool discussion all--thanks! Hadn't thought of the "to its limits" argument. How does the thumper compare to the Vtwin in terms of feel & sound?

Sounds like broken dreams.....

But i find it smoother than the 12. But its got a carb so throttle response ugh. So wide open all day on the blast is kinda fun

@Magic, you live in FL correct? how many "twisty" roads do you get a chance to ride on? blast or XB even? don't go telling riders that they are inexperienced for riding a slower bike to it's limits in a setting that a big bike can not be "opened up" in...

Blast is a great commuter you'll spend a helluva lot less on gas. I rode a blast all year long in western WA. It is not a very comfortable bike. I'm a bigger guy though 6' 220ishlbs.. I feel extremely cramped on it. You definitly will not have any holy **** I just crapped myself feelings on a blast. Unless of course, you almost get hit by some douche because you can't get out of thier way fast enough... Having both an XB and a blast I barely ride the blast other than to make sure it still runs mostly for comfort reasons, a little for my ego, and a lot because I like to go fast... So if you are doing this because of a money issue, it might be a good choice. Less on gas, less on insurance, less to purchase... but if you are buying a bike just to have fun stick with what you know you love...

When it comes to sound, the blast will always sound like a lawnmower... It is what it is, a single cylinder engine. You're not going to get a big engine sound out of it.

Great bike for it's purpose and fun at times; don't make it out to be anything more than it is. Don't listen to us critics though go check one out for yourself and make your own decision.

Appologies Magic, Chicago not FL... still flat and straight though. Knew I remembered you for some reason. I'm from north central IL...

@beefy99 if you know where to go you can find twisties around here especially close to IL/WI border and further north. They definitely aren't coastal highways or mountain canyons but its still a lot of fun.

On the blast vs xb debate i was sarcastic about motorcycle magazine quote. I didn't mean offend blast riders. Just think that quote is kind of dumb. If you can ride blast to its limits you going to do just fine on xb just after few miles of getting used to it.

If you know how to ride, you can have fun on anything! This is something your average 'Busa rider doesn't understand.

The bike in my stable I choose most often to bomb around town on is a little KLX250sf; it's only 25hp(with mods) but it's WAY more fun than my XB12SS or 919 in the city!

Many thanks, my friends. I have quite a decision ahead of me. The 'Zook 650F & the Ninja 650R are also calling...different machines, etc. I will consider all of above & report back.

Truth be told I wish I had been able to re-build my XB9, but I know that's a lost cause now. :-/

--Finny

Of those 2 id say the gsx650 over the ninja, parallel twins sounds terrible, and the styling makes me wanna harm trees with my teeth.

just make sure you look like a pure bad ass if you get the blast.

i loved tearing around on my wifes blast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast