Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plastidip

Why not just get a rattle can of buell graphite grey and be done with it? If you realy want black to do it right your gonna have to tear the bike apart. Might aswell go with a more permanent ,durable finish. I would use a automotive paint maybe even bring it to a body shop that way you never have to mess with it again. Or if your on a budget duplicolor paint shop makes a pretty easy to aply paint you just need a air compressor and hvlp . Ive had good luck with this. Think they even make a satin or flat. Make sure to prep with wax remover first whatever you use to avoid fish eyes or orange peal effects.

Prep has nothing to do with plasti dip. Soap and water and its good to go. Requires no sanding or solvents, prep is easy as pie. It would absolutely never ever fly off the frame at speed. The friction from your legs and feet would cause peeling edges and it would look imperfect. I have done many buell swingers and pulleys.

It would absolutely never ever fly off the frame at speed
    I beg to differ.

Happened at speed and was no visible flaws before the ride.

I think I might rattle can the swingarm graphite gray, and then, plastidip the frame and swingarm. So if it peels, i just remove everything and stay graphite gray .... lots of trouble though ...

Inactive
    i'd plastidip my wife....but i'm single.

Do not plastidip your frame, you will regret it! It will look fantastic until you scratch it. Even friction over time(a short time at that) from the inside of you legs will make it look like ass....If you want a black frame, do it right. Strip the bike down and paint or powdercoat the frame/swingarm. Do you really want to have to go through the time and effort to peel all the plastidip off once it starts looking like crap? Or go out and by a used frame and swingarm that are already black and do a swap. Not trying to knock plastidip...I have a can in my garage and it is fantastic stuff and has its uses, but as a durable finish it kinda sucks

Freak, wind did not peel plasti dip off your bike. I have plasti dipped parts on motorcycles and cars and not a single one has ever had it blown off at speed. Have you ever stripped plasti dip? Wind absolutely can't do that. Did you clean all the oil off before painting it?

This was from me carrying tools and scratching it.its been like this for a month.In my experience I've found that the older cans with the clear tips are junk.The newer cans made my whole second go around worth it.the new cans have a white tip. Freak.i think your heel may have rubbed and started the peel.i had my first application peel then the second time i did it I've have had no issues.hope this helps.good luck with that.

^^^Looks like you might need another sticker wanta6th2! :D

Are those rattle cans available through H-D dealers ? I live in Canada, so It's almost impossible to have those shipped here ...

ASB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12