Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color combination suggestions?

Hey guys... Haven't posted in a while... life has gotten in the way of all things Buell related. So I am in the process of moving and will finally have a garage again. I am thinking its time to pull my x1 down to nothing, complete a couple more mods possibly, but most importantly.... PAINT & POWDER COAT!

I have been playing with the idea of doing black on black.. some gloss... but mostly satin. Then a friend pointed out everything will just get lost in the mix and I need some contrast. I want to keep her dark and evil. Been considering doing the frame, wheels and triple clamps black cherry or a super dark blue with lots of blue pearl (damn near black until light hits it). Everything else will be flat and satin black (forks, swing arm etc etc)... maybe the plastics gloss black.

Just wanted some outside opinions.. maybe I should try some photo shop action. One friend said black everything out and do the frame and wheel lime green... ha.. well... naaaaaaa.

Oh.. exhaust will be jet-hot flat black too.

i think a dark red frame and accents with everything else black would look mean!!!

Can't go wrong with black and blue.

I think it looks great now. The only thing I would change is to match the swing arm with the frame.

It's obvious you have good taste from the looks of the bike now so I'm sure whatever you choose it'll look good. Looking forward to seeing it when done. Don't see many tubers so it's nice to see one looking that good.

Leave it alone!

Satin black swingarm

Black swing arm, forks, triple and pegs maybe caliper too? Maybe frame color for caliper?

Leave it alone!
    Ha... yea right. Nothing is ever "done".

Satin black swingarm
    Black swing arm, forks, triple and pegs maybe caliper too? Maybe frame color for caliper?
    Fo sho! Was thinkin gloss black on the calipers... frame color could be cool too. I pretty much know where I am going with it just havent decided on the frame/wheel color yet. Hmmmf.

Love it the way it is, but I know some project are never finished, hence why they are 'projects'. Can't wait to see what you decide upon and see what it looks like after the next phase is complete. I am partial to black and blue myself. Seeing your bike makes me miss my M2 even more. Once I get a house with a large garage, a tuber will be on my list once again.

-Matt

your bike looks awesome as is...maybe go with KTM orange for the frame, wheels and calipers, black for swingarm and triple tree, lower fork

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast