Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking into another buell!

As some of you know my 06 xb12ss was stolen a few Weeks ago. I'm now looking into getting another bike someone in January maybe sooner if I find a good deal. I'm actually wanting to get a tuber! I'm leaning more towards an x1, but the m2 looks cool to. I know the major differences between the two for the most part but I'm looking for personal opinions and experiences. I, want the handling, power and reliability of my xb 12ss

Then don't buy a tuber.....

Haha, I was afraid of that response! Are they really that bad?? I loved my xb and I had it very personalized but I think it would Piss me off more than anything to buy another xb and start all over again. Plus I'm still hoping it'll turn up then I'll have two buells :)

Then don't buy a tuber.....
    LMFAO!

I want a Tuber too, but I have to many things going on for one right now. I'd say go with the M2. My co worker has one, Ive ridden it, its fun its crazy powerful, fast, and the handling I never rode it that hard not being my bike, but this guy can really handle a bike and he surprised passed me in a tight corner on his M2 one day. But thats just him. Glad your getting another one.

Cool! I'm glad this bad experience hasn't turned you away! Gotta keep Buell alive! 1125's are an option to think about too. But hopefully it turns up. There's not that big of a market for Buell parts beside us of course. Good luck with your decision and choice.

Yeah dude the m2 looks mean but I think I like the tail on the x1 better. BUELL FOR LIFE!! I was looking at cr's& r's but the ones I found in TX go for 6 to 8 grand. I don't want to ship because nowadays some peoples words aren't worth ****. I've been scouring searchtempest and Ebay and even the forums everyday. There's this new member here that posted about his friend selling him a motor from an 06 xb12ss for his 9s.. I asked him if maybe his friend bought a stolen bike but he never responded back. He told me he's from Australia so it was..a long shot.

Come on man....

There's this new member here that posted about his friend selling him a motor from an 06 xb12ss for his 9s.. I asked him if maybe his friend bought a stolen bike but he never responded back. He told me he's from Australia so it was..a long shot.

There's more then likely a summer tooth, tweaker trying to pass it off for his. Or trying to put the motor in his lawn mower.

Well I know my bike or parts if I see it..hopefully someone will post some pics.

my best friend rides an x1, so naturally i've put a good amount of seat time on it. If you get a clean good condition one i wouldn't worry about it. It's a great bike, I feel like the xb's handle a bit better, but the torque on the x1 is pretty crazy with the right set up on it! They are the simplest thing to work on, My friend and I have had his apart and back together in no time at all!!!

I haven't ridden the m2 at all, they look pretty cool IMO though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast