Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: First of the Last

I realized I haven't uploaded any photos in a while. So here's some new ones.

20170610_202934.jpg 20170610_202954.jpg 20170610_203023.jpg 20170610_203045.jpg 20170610_203103.jpg

There's a weatherproof switch on each side of the headlight where the factory turn signals mounted. The one on the left turns the low beam on/off. The one on the right turns the mirror running lights on/off.

I need to do the following things to complete this stage of my build.
    - Fabricate an adapter plate for the bottom of the headlight.
    - Fabricate mounts for the indicator lights.
    - Cleanup and paint the top triple tree.
    - Wet Sand and Paint the fairing headlight sides.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 06-11-2017 at 12:42 AM.

The adapter plates for the bottom have been fabbed and installed.
    The clutch cable hole on the triple tree is filled in. It's also smoothed and polished. The triple tree and horn bracket are off to powder coat tomorrow.

I need to do the following things to complete this stage of my build.
    - Fabricate mounts for the indicator lights.
    - Wet Sand and Paint the fairing headlight sides.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 06-14-2017 at 12:57 AM.

I like it a lot! The SX headlight looks great over on the XB, and the LED DRLs are sharp. Super clean job.

Thanks JeepinBueller!

I'll post some finishing photos soon. The headlight fairing pieces are painted. The only thing I'm waiting on is the triple tree to get back from the powder coaters. Once it comes in, I'll have a couple hours of assembly. Then I'll post up some pictures of it all together.

The triple tree is back from the powder coater. Everything is installed and looks pretty good. There's still a few more things to do.

1) I still need to build the panel for the LED indicator lights. I plan to put them in the gaps between the triple tree and headlight bracket. I hope to get started this weekend.

2) I rerouted my front brake line to run behind the forks & triple trees. With the way I have everything mounted, there isn't really a route in front of the forks that looks clean. As a result my brake line is 5" shorter from 25" to 20". So I ordered a new line. I've also decided on a small, cleaner looking brake reservoir that blends in more.

The brake parts should be in around a week or 2. I'll build the indicator light panel while I wait.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 06-23-2017 at 03:23 AM.

The new brake reservoir arrived today. I installed it this evening. The dash is complete except for indicator lights.

20170628_194408.jpg

I have a brake hose coming tomorrow. I'll get it installed and the bike should be rideable.

Looks great! As usual.... Are those mirrors wide enough to be useful? I like their attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Looks great! As usual.... Are those mirrors wide enough to be useful? I like their attachment.
    That's what I was thinking. I had a set of rizomas similar to those that were worth F#$k all when it came to visibility. I switched over to bar ends, they were a significant improvement, not as good as the stock set up though.....

Surprisingly, they are better in this setup than my last. They show a view between my wrist and body now. I used to just see my wrists in the mirrors.

TBH though, I don't really use the mirrors all that much. I have a Reevu helmet and I track traffic behind me through it. And, I always look over my shoulder before changing lanes.

I installed my front brake hose last night and wet for a ride. I doubt I'll be going on long rides with the bike. The bars are so low, my weight is on my wrists.
    Last edited by SEXT9; 06-30-2017 at 12:59 PM.

How do you like the Reevu?

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast