Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Netty2424 2004 XB12S(s)

You just keep noticing things that need changing, replaced, updated, etc. You really have to just get to a point where you cut yourself off so you get the damn thing done.
    I understand totally!

Have you put any miles on it yet?

Finally !!!! Good job Netty !!! Looks VERY GOOD !!! Your forks look incredibly good ! It almost looks like it's not streched, Again, very nice job Netty !

Damon nice job. I love the gold fork tubes and red pin stripes on the rims. I wonder hoe the gold tubes look like on my black and gold baby.

How well does that gold match the Amber rims
    It's pretty damn close. It wasn't my intention to match exactly, but I was surprised how close they came out once I got them back from powder coat. It's actually a translucent powder coat. You can actually still see yet raw aluminum machine lines in the fork tubes. Which if you look at certain parts of the amber wheels, you can see the aluminum through that powder coat as well. My powder coat guy noticed it when we were picking out the color.

Have you put any miles on it yet?
    I've ridden it to town a couple times but nothing of any distance. Just been pre-occupied with other hobbies right now.

Finally !!!!
    I know, right!! I blew the timeline and the budget!! Lol!! Thanks Big Twin! I appreciate the nice feedback!

I wonder hoe the gold tubes look like on my black and gold baby.
    Preciate it Chuckie! As for the gold tubes on a black/gold bike would be a great looking combo!

We could start a thread for "gold fork tube babies only!" :D

Here's a pick of the forks when I picketed them up from powder coat

Looks like I missed a few posts up there! Not sure how that happened. Onelogue, xb12rs, and Internet annoyance thanks for the kind words!

As for the 1250 kit, xb12rs and Internet annoyance......I've only ridden one other Buell, it was an 12scg and that was years ago and that was around the block in a neighborhood. Having said that, I really don't have anything to it compare to say its better or worse in any certain areas.

Also, I did not have the work done. It was done by the previous owner so I had no involvement in the actual process.

I've ridden locally with Augustus_01 when he had his 1125. I couldn't keep up with him which is to be expected, So from that comparison, that really isn't a good comparison either.

I haven't had a chance to put some hard miles on the bike since the SS conversion, but the brief riding I've done, the front end is much more planted to the ground. Before the extra length, the front end was always getting light and causing wobbles. So from a torque perspective, it seems to have more than enough. I'm 6'3" 230 and it had no problem lifting the front end. And I'm not a wheelie guy. Have no intentions or desire. The gpr helped with the wobbles.

Top end I've ridden at 135mph once and I'm not sure it had much more to give.

I'd like to pull the TFI and have it tuned. I took it to the local Harley dealership to put it on a dyno and they basically told me there was no one there skilled enough with Buells to do it. So I have not had it on a dyno Internet Annoyance.

They also told me they would have to drill into the headers for O2 and the wheel base was too short for their dyno.

I wish I could give more specifics, but again I didn't have the big bore kit done. It came with the bike!

Looks like the photos are no longer showing up through Photobucket. Anyone recommend the best way to upload pictures to the site from an iPhone? Haven't been on in years and the site has changed a little since I was on last.

This bike is going up for sale so I'll be referencing this thread in the sale ad for details.

I'm going to include the Harbor Freight motorcycle lift, and T-Rex front and rear stands.

Photobucket started charging $399 per year to host pics. They'll be a memory in a few years...

I use Flickr. It's free. Haven't tried it with my iPhone yet, but its super easy on the Mac.

I could use another lift, where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Photobucket started charging $399 per year to host pics. They'll be a memory in a few years...

I use Flickr. It's free. Haven't tried it with my iPhone yet, but its super easy on the Mac.

I could use another lift, where are you?
    Yah I'm not sure how long Photobucket will last for that price tag.

I'm located in Sherman, TX. About an hour north of Dallas.

I'm on the west coast so getting the lift here would be harder than taking my 20% off coupon down the street to HF, haha.

GLWS!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast