Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news for Erik!!

http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2013/07/01/...or-25-million/

wow that sucks.not a fan of harley but getting in bed with hero motorcorp and now bain that favors the chinese sector bad idea imo

At least this time he still has majority stake in the company. He needs $ in order to build his bikes and get off the ground. Harley screwed him and now he has to do whatever it takes to get back on the road without making the same past mistakes! Can't fault him for trying!

imo erik is a horrible businessman.sold 48% of ebr with in 4 years seems like hes moving faster in the same direction he went with hd.i wish him the best of luck but gets no support from me and his dealings with an indian company and a company that loves to outsource jobs to china.

"Mr. Munjal said the partnership with Erik Buell would allow Hero MotoCorp not only to develop new products, but also to sell its motorcycles in the U.S. and Europe.

"Bringing EBR products to India is also a definite possibility," he said, without elaborating."

It looks to me like hero is using EBR to develop a better bike for the indian market where everything is so underpowered and with old technology. Hero has the funds to keep ebr afloat and use him for his r&d, . Looks to me like Hero is outsourcing to the US for technical skills. We all know the US isnt competitive with labor charges. If ebr has to design some crappy little indian bike to keep his true passion alive then I guess thats the price.

man I can see the day when you'll be able to purchase a HMC street fighter long before a EBR product that most of us could afford without burying ourselves in debt..

when bain buys in for 48% its just a foot in the door majority control comes next then the sell off for a huge profit.

I have FAITH that Erik will "do the right thing". He has to much passion for his bikes. I'm an optimist, what can I say!! LOL

Erik will do the right thing.

Also, you can't blame the guy for wanting to bring in some money. He is human, after all.

I'm an optimist, what can I say!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast