Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i rewind stator?

I have my bike apart replacing the rotor should i got ahead and have my stator rewound?

Does it look like it has been overheating? Have you had any voltage problems?

If those answers are "no," and you are changing to a rotor with the oil orifice, then I'd say don't bother with a rewind. YMMV

I agree with poinographer, I wouldn't do a stator rewind unless it is toast. You may want to check your Voltage regulator also and think about replacing with a new OE one or the upgraded one.

If you go though all the trouble of the rotor mod and have a faulty VR, you will continue to have charging issues.

I already did the voltage regulator upgrade. I put in a CE 605 SB.

I didn't have any charging system issues just trying to do a little preventive maintenance. Does any one have any tricks to getting the ignition gasket on. I messed up the gasket I had and had a leak so now I have to wait until thursday to get my new one in but it gave me a reason to go ahead and order my barker exhaust.

That stator magnet is very strong, so I would recommend using either the special tools ($$) to guide the cover back on or buying some metric screws (cheap) and grinding the heads off to do the same thing. Otherwise when the magnet pulls it on without being aligned you have to pry it back off to try again which is when you are likely to damage the gasket.

Yeah, you will need some some guides to get the cover back on correctly. You need your gasket perfect when the rotor magenet pulls the cover back on. I guess i was lucky, mine went on without a hitch. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think am going to cut up a few clothes hangers and use them as a guide and to hold the gasket in place.

I got my bike back together friday, not a single leak. Plus I even got the barker installed. Now I need to order the ecm and wait for my rear light from XB lights and I should be good to go for awhile.

I got my bike back together friday, not a single leak. Plus I even got the barker installed. Now I need to order the ecm and wait for my rear light from XB lights and I should be good to go for awhile.
    Glad to hear it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast