Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Probably a FAQ Exhaust?

Brand new and happy Uly owner here. Thanks, I love it so far.
    I know this has been asked before but I am as of right now brand new to this forum so please help.
    It seems from the limited research I've done so far the Beull race can is the one to install for power and more importantly to make my bike sound less like a sewing machine but not like every obnoxious piped Harley in the world. True? And if so, is there any way to find one that won't cost me a couple of limbs? Thanks?

Super Moderator
    You have many non-race options. Dean from Keda Design builds excellent exhausts, and is a sponsor on this board. You also have GB, D&D, Jardine (if you're cheap and unwise), and more as other potential aftermarket options. Then there are the modded stock cans: Spec OPS (please don't), Drummer, Hawk (another forum sponsor).

I would probably go with Keda or GB if it were me.

Hey Octo - not sure exactly why you're saying please don't for the Spec OPS exhaust - I know he is very difficult to get a hold of and it will take many many many months to get your exhaust, but overall, the exhaust sounds very nice. (I have one). If there's a used one out there, it wouldn't be a bad choice IMO unless there's something else you know of.

Oh and Keda's looks sweet!

Ben K.

Hey guys. Good stuff so far, and I've already learned a thing or two. I am concerned about noise level though, and listening on the video clips really gives me no idea how loud these systems are. I like what I see from Keda and GB, but how do they compare with others as far as sound level? And I do like the mellower rumble rather than the raspy sound.

Super Moderator
    Hey Octo - not sure exactly why you're saying please don't for the Spec OPS exhaust - I know he is very difficult to get a hold of and it will take many many many months to get your exhaust, but overall, the exhaust sounds very nice.Â* (I have one).Â* If there's a used one out there, it wouldn't be a bad choice IMO unless there's something else you know of.
    No, not at all. Odie's stuff is great quality. It's just a total nightmare getting him to fulfill orders. I think it's totally unconscionable that he takes payment, then disappears without communication for north of 6 months. No product justifies that kind of behavior.

My worst ever delay on time was 9-10 weeks, my cut-off is 6 weeks now. If I can't build and ship what you order within that time, I will not take the order. I am currently cleared on all orders, so it will take maybe a week or so to build pretty much anything except for a full system.

The xb systems are fairly mild sounding to me in comparison to my 1125, which has a full hand built system on it now and is IN YOUR FACE loud. Yeah, that loud, the only pipe I know for sure that's louder for an 1125 is a d&d and it makes on average 10-12 hp LESS than mine. I have no idea what the db level is at full tilt, but it's pretty loud, especially up around 10k rpm or so. I wear ear plugs everywhere I ride.

All the xb systems I make have a pretty good rumble to them.

I listened to your xb-rt1 video earlier Possibly the only exhaust I'd trade my Spec-Ops for :)

all the pipes are pretty much the same as far as performance goes.the only real difference is price,sound and looks.i have over 20k miles on my d&d the race pipe and deans also sound and look good.all 3 of these are pricey though.you'll always get claims of higher or lower hp numbers from some due different dynos or lack of tuning

Don't get the Jardine unless you like face shaking, eardrum shattering, brain bleeding loud.

I know some people like it but I got tired of having to wear earplugs if I was within 100 feet of it (even when the motor was off) for fear of losing any more of my hearing.

Thanks for the noise info guys, that's what I need. Dean, have you developed any kind of brackets for the chin fairing yet? I do like the look of your systems, but I will be mounting the fairing as I like the way it looks on the bike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast