Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what is involved in a TPS reset??

Step-by-Step with Pics - DIY ECMSpy Cable

I own a 2006 XB12ss with Jardine exhaust and K&N airfilter. I have now bought a (preprogrammed)race ecm at EBR and need to do a TPS reset.
    I've seen the video on the DIY-TPS reset and read the instructions here on the site (very helpfull), but I cannot download any programs from the EcmSpy website. Their site mentions "With the end of the project, the software is not available for public access any more".
    Can I get this software anywhere else or do have to take it to the dealerschip for the TPS-reset ? Just send them an e-mail to ask what they charge.
    THX,
    Zig

im trying to connect my 05 12scg, getting error code "Failed to decrypt file BUEIB.xml"through ecm spy, can transfer with ecm read but cannot modify maps and tuner pro just whipping me bad. i need to reset bike and do not have any epr files...what do i need to do to make this rideable, cause as of right now it is so spuratic you cannot ride safe

Are there any videos of how too do the TPS reset manually?

Banned

new xb12ss owner here... bought bike a few days ago with a low idle. hooked up ecmspy and cable in order of Dave's YouTube video and proceeded to back out throttle screw until reading zeroed out. BUT when I switched to diagnositics tab to tps reset it never read zero. the box was red and 5 and stayed red and 5 before and after reset commands. went back to overview and no readings no matter how much I tightended the screw. now she won't start. can anyone help me out here?

btw, i'm not a forums newb by any means but the schematics of this forum have me confused on where to truly find info or place a new thread appropriately and the search function, bc I know someone's gonna chime in, doesn't yield accurate results for my symptom. in the event that that answer is out there, please direct me and I will be grateful!

Did you watch this video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i33__Qkvhn4&autoplay=1
    Cause the "box with the red 5" is the CPS signal and is used for resetting or checking your timing.
    You want to be looking and the blueish/purplish bar and % for throttle opening.
    Before you even try resetting the TPS you must make sure your bike is communicating with ECMspy.
    Sounds like you're have an issue with ECMspy reading your ECM signals

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234