Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rev limiter question

I'm not sorry. He asked several questions and was answered with detailed, intelligent info. Now, suddenly he knows everything (my pet peeve), and offends the same people who helped him!?! (and admittedly rides like a Squid too). Yep... I'm positive he has a neon plastic mohawk for his helmet.

"Smarmy, arrogant comments"?? Read below......

Quote Originally Posted by rokdog13 View Post
    These comments are beginning to read like an old folks home sitting room.
    The jokes would be funny if it weren't for the smell of old underwear and depends.
    "A NEW BELT MUST BE CORRECTLY "RUN-IN' SO THAT THE TEETH PROPERLY MATE TO THE SPROCKET NOTCHES WHICH ALSO PROMOTES LONGEVITY."
    If you are going to reference a comment you made about how you 'instructed' me you might want to remember to define what that run in actually is.
    Is it 100 miles?
    500 miles?
    1000?
    And this bike doesn't 'bounce' off the REV limiter. The rate of RPM acceleration would never allow it to 'bounce'.
    My old Yamaha 600 would bounce off the rev limiter, odd feeling with the front wheel off the ground.
    My XB12Ss has a crap ton of low end torque, and as I am still getting used to the bike application of the throttle is modulated and steady.
    The guy I bought the bike from said there were some cool, helpful people on here.
    So far all I have seen is smarmy, arrogant comments and really no value or actual helpful information at all.
    Are you people trying to stake out your own little tribe on the internet?
    Watching too much TV instead of riding your motorcycles?
    I rode to work at 5 this morning in the rain and got soaked.
    I'm going to do it again tomorrow.
    And if the belt breaks again, I'll fix it.
    Adios ladies.
    Dry weather is coming.
    maybe some of you will get your diapers on and actually go outside.
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-14-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Rockdog - remember that when you installed the belt, it was *really tight, right? Running in the belt sets the tension correctly and once done, it's done - the belt is good to go. Just remember that with it super tight like that (without running it in), there's a *lot of tension on the sprocket...which translates into other tension-concentrated areas (axle, bearings, etc.).

Run in (as John instructed me):

"...on the belt just take the bike out after you get a bit of heat in the motor, run up to 3rd gear and from around 2500rpm zing the throttle up to 5000 or so and chop the throttle...till you slow down to 2500 again and repeat. keep it in 3rd. do this about 5X in a row and will set the belt tension for you."

Inactive
    ^^^^outstanding jay. you nailed it as usual. sadly i suspect your info will fall on deaf ears as it could possibly be construed as "smarmy arrogant with no real content or value." aDw2Qnd_700b.jpg

Hey John he's calling you sleazy, I must be the one who is sycophantic, I'm insulted, I resemble that remark ?

What I really want to know is how do you know, really, how do you know what old under wear and depends smells like ????? Inquiring minds want to know !

So now your all bent out of shape, why ?, because you were stupid enough to get caught, be a man or a woman !, take it on the chin, don't be a little whiny bitch !

If I were you, I'd be laughing my ass off and apologizing but most of all, I'd be standing in front of the mirror and calling myself a dumb ass !

Also, if you can't take it, it's not our fault !

Oh ****, he rode in the rain, twice !

Now get off their lawn !
    Last edited by njloco; 05-15-2017 at 01:05 AM.

O.k.,o.k., I'm completely under control now, I promise!

Let's see, I've owned my SS for a couple of months now, and have only rode it 17 miles and, yes, I watch TV but that's mostly because I still can't ride my bikes very far or for very long but one thing I already know, it has a lot of torque and watch the red line, especially because my bike still has to be broken in. Even if I can't ride my bikes very far or for very long ever again, I know I'll never be a whiney ungrateful little bitch like you !

Now really, I'm guessing here, but I think he's out smelling old peoples under wear and used depends !
    Last edited by njloco; 05-15-2017 at 01:11 AM.

I'm guessing you're either too stupid or broke to own a car. Guessing from your posts.... ...... you never had real grades growing up, just a portfolio, so the system wouldn't hurt your self esteem.

Man I missed all the fun! Yo buddy you GOT Caught!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!! Good job Johnny boy!! Carlos he is stupid!
    Last edited by rchuff; 05-15-2017 at 02:10 AM.

mine bounces

I don't think an XB revs fast enough to "bounce" off the rev limiter.

Why would you want to bounce it of the Rev limiter?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast