Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quickshifter

Mrlogix did you ever get around to installing the quick shifter? I'm am interested but wanted the opinion of someone that used it for a decent amount of time.

I second that. I got really lazy riding my buddies S1000R. So much fun...

Well, since no one else is... I just ordered the Dynojet #4-116 'linear push sensor' for my CR. I found it new for $85!

When it gets here in a week, I'll take pics of the install and wiring. I don't even know if I need any programming of the DDFI3 ECM, or if the function is just a matter of wiring the input.

I spoke with EBR today and they confirmed within the next month or two they will release a quickshift for the 1125. They said as soon as they get a confirmation on the delivery date it will be back on their website on back order. They also confirmed that any "race" ECM should have the quickshift function already programmed. All OEM ECMs need to have it unlocked for lack of a better word.

Thanks for the update Cooter, I'll be installing one as well and I'm sure your pics and install will help tons.

I'm surprised they are even still working on stuff for a 7-8 year old bike they don't even produce anymore! All you need to buy is the linear push switch, everything else is built in to the bike

The DDFI-3 ECM has that feature built in, I'm checking out the specifics right now. So far Pin #34 Grey plug (tan/white) is the input for the side stand switch if you don't want to run wiring, just switch the pin to #3, and I believe that it's a plugged Deutch connector but I haven't looked yet. You can activate the feature on any ECM using TunerPro, ECMSpy or ECMDroid if you don't have a 'race' ECM.

I will do a step by step for the easiest way possible. I can't believe I can't find a decent link to one already? There's one picture on Badweb for the 4-104 kit, but doesn't have any other pertinent info?

Next I will try to put one on my '08 STT!
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-26-2017 at 03:58 AM.

Might be a bit expensive but check this out I was searching the other day looks cool.
    http://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/qse/

Wow! Thanks for that. I like that super tiny sensor, and the many different mounting options. Ill try to get just the sensor for my STT. There's no need for the computer in '08 up Buells (But I am double checking the shift feature availability in DDFI-3 XB's).

So I checked the service manual and it says you need to rotate the engine to access the front ignition coil. However after a little research I found this thread where a guy not only accesses his without rotation but also removes it. It's the last paragraph before the pics start in the first post.
    http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1283983140
    In the service manual it's on 7-8 for the 09 1125r.
    image.jpg

??

Sorry I should have explained a little better.
    http://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/qse/
    This device requires you to plug a supplied harness into the front and rear ignition coil. Service manual says that requires an engine rotation but my reaearch tells me otherwise.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast