Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quickshifter

You are correct, you can do that without a engine rotation, but read the posts above. There's no need to buy or use their computer at all for a '09 1125R. The shifter function is built into your existing DDFI-3 computer.
    You can wire into #34 pin on the grey plug of your ECM. 'Race' ECM's have the function turned on and you can change the settings in ECMSpY, TunerPro, etc. Then you can use all the specific tuning options if you want or need too. The ECM pin #34 is connected to the pin #2 in the side stand switch (right next to a power and ground) so wiring is super simple. Just move the ECM input from pin #34 to #3.
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-26-2017 at 03:58 AM.

Got my package from Dynojet early! Can't wait to install it on this boring rainy Saturday!! Pic's coming soon!

It's a jet kit for a V-max.

Damn you e-bay

I was getting excited for the pictures of the installation! Curse you ebay!!!! I would love to try this after someone does, I don't trust myself that much.

XB12SS, to just buy and install a kit is really, really, easy! I just want to to an all inclusive, informative article on the options available.

BamBam- The Healtech system is a little different than the regular switch that the 'Race' ECM is looking for. Healtech uses a strain gauge/torque sensor, and that signal will need to be modified to work with the Buell ECM. It also lists the Buell kit as a fuel cut off, not a coil cut off? Either way, you can get to the connectors without a rotate.

Honestly, it's either $250-ish for the Dynojet switch, or $320 for the whole Healtech kit, including the computer. Tempting, except Twin motorcycles told me they didn't like that style of switch as it would activate at the wrong time when shifting their feet around on the race bike. Yikes! I'm sure there's a threshold setting to adjust though.

Word from EBR is that they thought the Dynojet switches weren't durable. Their 1190 kits are currently available on their site ($399 and comes with a gorgeous shift lever) and the 1125 kits are on the way. Yay!

Still doing research, I need to make sure my sources are covered and their information is 100%. 'Cause you know, everything on the internet is true!!

Any updates on this? I still don't see anything on EBR website for the 1125.

You'd have to ask them about specific launch dates. I think it's pretty cool they are offering a kit for a 7 year old bike they don't make anymore. Pretty generous

My project has stalled out, and might even go up for sale. Sad.

Just bought the dynojet quick shifter. Planning on using ECMdroid and the stock ECM hook it up. Will let you know how it goes.

I think all you can do is enable the quick shift function with ECMDroid and that should be enough.

If you want to adjust something, ECMSpy or TunerPro.

Got it done on the STT and love it, love it, love it. I have pics and will write it up in a couple days. 1125's (any DDFI3) are identical.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast