, thurs, muffler, miles, firing, stock, throttle, issues, running, decel" /> Back firing

Thread: Back firing

I have an 03 XB9R with about 6k miles on it. Race Muffler and ECM. otherwise stock. Have no problems with running issues but during decel off throttle above 3000 RPM's the bike seems to back fire alot. below 3k no problems at all??

any suggestions. breather re-route is plan for tomorrow night and then new belt for thurs night so I can actually ride. Need more info??

Thanks, Matt

It happens...

Just a thought, on my 84 GPz 750 with a header this happened. I lowered the clip on the needles one groove making it richer accross the board and the problem went away, leading me to think is was waayyy lean off throttle. If I'm wrong please let me know your thoughts everyone.

Wayne

normal, cause you're running with 'power' fuel setting which are richer than normal, causing a bit of afterburn in the exhaust.

nothing to worry about ;)

Just a thought, on my 84 GPz 750 with a header this happened. I lowered the clip on the needles one groove making it richer accross the board and the problem went away, leading me to think is was waayyy lean off throttle. If I'm wrong please let me know your thoughts everyone.
    It doesn't really matter off throttle, just about 100% of EFI engines shut off the injectors on decel with a manual transmission. In the case of the Buell like lefox said, it's just the unburnt fuel burning after the combustion chamber when the throttle is closed off and the injectors stop. It probably did this with the stock setup, but all the muffling from the stock muffler made it less noticeable. My Evo used to shoot big flames out the exhaust on decel, but I didn't have much of a muffler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6lgo...e=channel_page

That is what I thought but thanks for the replies

matt